If you keep pet reptiles
, you know that they require a lot of heat. Reptiles are not internally heated animals. They get the heat that they need for biological processes from external sources. While this is easy to understand, there is also another requirement that reptiles have, which is just as crucial. They need ultraviolet B rays. This UVB ray is needed for calcium and bone formation for your reptile pet to remain healthy and grow healthy bones especially when it is laying eggs because of the calcium requirements of the eggs. While you can rely on natural sunlight, this may be quite unreliable especially if your terrarium is indoors and there is little natural light coming in.
Also UVB rays have specific wavelength for optimal vitamin D formation. To get your pet reptile the best UVB rays it needs in the most efficient way, endow in an 18-inch T8 Zilla Slimline 25 UVB Tropical Fixture from Pet Store
. This light emits 50-microwatt wavelengths of UVB and this is exactly the frequency that your pet reptile needs for calcium absorption and ideal bone health. It is so effective that it simulates natural sunlight. If you are looking for the best UVB solution for your pet reptile, get your pet 18-inch T8 Zilla Slimline 25 UVB Tropical Fixture today.A complete selection for healthier desert habitats
Zilla Slimline Reptile Fixtures offers high-quality fluorescent lighting in a convenient, ready-to-use fixture. It's compact and light weight design makes it easy to install and suitable for applications where space is limited.
Slimline Desert Fixture:
- Slimline Desert Fixture includes a 18" Desert 50 T8 fluorescent bulb with a UVB output of 50 microwatts per second/cm2 @ 12"
- Ideal for Bearded Dragons, Uromastyx, Frilled Dragons, Horned Lizards, Collared Lizards, Chuckwallas, Sulcata Tortoises, Leopard Tortoises, Savannah & Nile Monitors
- Fixture and bulbs in one convenient package!
- UVB light output promotes proper calcium absorption for reptile bone health
- Simulates natural daylight and fulfills photo-biological requirements of reptiles
- For extra convenience, add a Zilla Power Center to automatically match your pets day/night cycle (sold separately).
- Dims: 18 1/4"L x 4" W x 1 3/4"H