Lamps are important to an aquarium because they simulate sunlight that fish, plants and corals would normally get in their natural habitats. Without sunlight, plants would not be able to perform photosynthesis, while fish and corals would not be able to follow their internal body clocks.
Of course, lamps alone are not enough for aquariums. You`ll have to position them correctly to direct the light on the aquarium. This is where mounts and fixtures come in. They make sure that lamps are not only installed correctly, but also kept in place.
A good fixture to use is the AquaticLife T5 HO Light Link Fixture - Marine from Pet Store
. This fixture can house one 20-inch lamp. It has an adjustable width so you can get the perfect fit . It also has a single power cord attached to it, making it easy to mount overhead your aquarium
The AquaticLife T5 HO Light Link Fixture - Marine comes with reflectors that maximize the light produced by your lamp by reflecting it back to the aquarium. Instead of becoming scattered, the light becomes more focused and concentrated on a point.
This fixture also has metal attachments that can be connected to other fixtures if you want to install several lamps. DESCRIPTION
T5 HO (high output) light fixture with 420/460nm and 10,000K lamps.GENERAL
- Adjustable width aquarium frame mounts support fixture above aquarium.
- Single power cord makes it easy to mount on the aquarium or suspend from above.
- German-made specially angled individual reflectors maximize light by directing it into the aquarium.
- Suspension channels allow connection to optional cable for various mounting configurations.
- Metal attachments allow optional connection to multiple fixtures.
- Rated Voltage: 120 Volt AC
- Rated Cycle: 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 0.55
- Input Current: 0.69A
- Total Wattage: 36W
- Tc: Max 167 Deg F
- Power Cord Length: 2 Meters
- Black ribbed matte finish
- Acrylic lens cover
- Black legs
- 18 in T5 HO 24W 420/460 Lamp
- Right End Plate
- 18 in T5 HO 24W 10,000K Lamp
- Left End Plate
- (4) Aquarium Frame Mount
- Ballast (T5 HO)
- Lens Cover
- Installation & Maintenance Guide
- (2) Metal Attachment