Aqua Medic Ocean Light Series
Metal Halide lighting systems have long been supplemented by blue fluorescent light sources. T-5 fluorescents are the next generation and have a higher peak operating temperature which makes them an ideal companion within HQI fixtures. Aqua Medic’s Ocean Light HQI+T5 Combo lighting systems elegantly blend the power of halides and the efficiency of high-output T5 fluorescents.
Dimensions: (LxWxH) 24” x 13.75” x 3.25”
Weight: 12.5lbsAqua Medic’s Tips and Tricks
- Always use a GFI when installing your lighting system
- Use timers to create a consistent light cycle.
- For easy HQI bulb installation, use a touch of white lithium grease on the bulb end-blades.
- Installation inside canopies is not recommended and, without exceptional air circulation and ventilation, will shorten the life of internal components including the bulbs.
- If you are upgrading to a more powerful lighting system, start the fixture higher above the tank and lower it gradually to within 6" - 12" from the water surface.
Bulbs and Ballast available separately