When it comes to grooming dogs, there is such a wide variety of dog hair textures: from short haired breeds like Chihuahuas, to long haired breeds like Shitzus and some long haired terriers. One particularly challenging grooming situation would be grooming and combing dogs' wiry coats.
What makes this particularly challenging is not just that the possibility that the dog's hair might get matted and hard to comb through, but also the fact that the coat tends to gets tangled very quickly. There are many ways to approach this problem:
- 1. Constant combing is the most common way but it also most laborious. Constant combing is basically combing the dog regularly to prevent any mats and knots in its hair. While this is great if you have a lot of time, for a busy person or a person that's always out of the house, it is not a realistic and viable solution.
- 2. Another approach would be to take your dog to professional groomers and get your dog a haircut periodically. Though this is definitely more convenient and comfortable than grooming your dog yourself, it's also very pricey. Grooming bills can get very expensive especially if they pile up within a short period of time.
- 3. A third alternative is to invest in a texturizing shampoo that is specially formulated for wiry coats and other types of dog hair that is susceptible to matting, knotting, and other problematic situations.
An example of a specially formulated shampoo to address these grooming problems is the Bio-Groom Wiry Coat Texturizing Dog Shampoo from Pet Store. This dog shampoo is gentle, but thoroughly gets into the coat and cleanses it. It also deodorizes your dog's coat and conditions it as well. It adds a much needed body and makes your dog's coat come alive. The extra body and coarseness makes the coat look fuller. It is also formulated in such a way that it plays up the color of your dog's coat. If your dog's coat is white, it will make it sparkle even brighter.
While this shampoo is primarily used for dogs, it can also be used for cats. Try the Bio-Groom Wiry Coat Texturizing Dog Shampoo if you're looking for a PH balanced non-irritating shampoo for your dog's wiry coat.
- Gently but thoroughly cleans, deodorizes and conditions.
- Adds body and coarseness to the coat
- May be used directly from the bottle or diluted 4-1.
- Highlights all colors and makes white sparkle
- For Dogs & Cats
BIO-GROOM Wiry Coat Texturizing Dog Shampoo (12 oz.)
Bio-Groom Wiry Coat Shampoo (previously Harsh Coat Shampoo) is a tearless, non-irritating shampoo developed specifically for adding the desired coat texture to breeds with a naturally coarse, wiry and dry texture. Produces a rich lather, has a neutral pH and controls matting and tangling.