As much as we love and care for our pets, they inevitably get older and often pack on a few extra pounds. We created CANIDAE Platinum Life Stages formula specifically with senior and overweight dogs in mind. If your senior dog needs an energy boost and relief from joint pain—or if your adult dog has gained a few pounds and needs an appetite-satisfying food that will keep them lean and healthy—this is the food for your canine companion.
In this formula we include natural chicken meal, turkey meal, lamb meal and fish meal—packing it with protein for healthy muscle maintenance—and other healthy ingredients like peas, papaya, and sage. Wholesome nutritional brown and white rice, along with other diversified carbohydrates like cracked pearl barley, keep your dog full all day and are highly digestible. You`ll also find high levels of glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy bones and joints and omega 3 fatty acids to ward off joint paint and keep coats beautiful. The ingredients in this recipe come together to provide balanced nutrition and a great taste your dog will love!
Ingredients: Chicken meal, brown rice, white rice, rice bran, peas, potatoes, oatmeal, cracked pearled barley, millet, turkey meal, lamb meal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, ocean fish meal, choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, psyllium seed husks, suncured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta-carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, thiamine mononitrate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid), minerals (iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite), papaya, pineapple.
- Reduced fat and protein levels for senior and overweight dogs
- Guaranteed levels of glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints
- Guaranteed levels of live Probiotic cultures to support healthy digestion
- Guaranteed levels of powerful antioxidants to help maintain a healthy immune system
- Guaranteed levels of healthy omegas 6 & 3 for beautiful skin and coat health
- No wheat, corn, soy, fillers, antibiotics, hormones, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Made in the U.S.A.
We preserve this food naturally using mixed tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E.
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
(a) One Carboxymethyl Cellulose Unit (CMCU) liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.
- Crude Protein (min): 20%
- Crude Fat (min): 8.50%
- Crude Fiber (max): 4%
- Moisture (max): 10%
- Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) (min): 2.60%
- Vitamin E (min): 200 IU.kg
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)* (min): 0.50%
- Glucosamine HCL* (min): 750 mg/kg
- Chondroitin Sulfate* (min): 250 mg/kg
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)( (min): 50mg/kg
- Lactobacillus acidophilus* (min): 100 million CFU/lb
- Cellulase * (a) (min): 100 CMCU/kg
|Up to 15 lbs
||1/3 - 3/4 cup
||1/2 - 1 cup
||3/4 - 1 1/3 cup
||1 - 1 1/2 cup
||1 1/3 - 2 cups
||1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cups
||2 - 3 cups
||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups
||3 - 4 cups
||3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups