Some cats need an extra special recipe to help with upset stomachs and skin allergies. With this CANIDAE Life Stages Chicken Meal & Rice Formula mealtimes are easy, even for sensitive cats. High quality chicken meal, delicious flavor, and our scientifically formulated nutrient-rich recipe make this food a great for every cat in your family—even the sensitive type.
In this formula we include natural chicken meal—packing it with protein for healthy muscle maintenance—and other healthy ingredients like peas, papaya, and sage. You’ll also find added Taurine, an essential amino acid for cats, powerful antioxidants to help maintain a healthy immune system, and healthy omegas 6 and 3 for beautiful skin and coat. The ingredients in this recipe come together to provide balanced nutrition and a great taste your cat will love!
- We use high quality chicken meal for great nutrition
- Great for cats that love the taste of chicken and are sensitive to other animal proteins
- pH balanced formulation to promote the prevention of both urinary crystals and calcium oxylate stones
- Guaranteed levels of live probiotic cultures to support healthy digestion
- Guaranteed levels of powerful antioxidants to help maintain a healthy immune system
- Guaranteed levels of healthy omegas 6 & 3 for skin and coat health
- No wheat, corn, soy, fillers, antibiotics, hormones, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Made in the U.S.A.
Ingredients: Chicken meal, brown rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), egg product, cracked pearled barley, peas, millet, natural flavor, flaxseed, potassium chloride, choline chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, suncured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta-carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, minerals (zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, manganous oxide, sodium selenite), vitamins (vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid), papaya, pineapple.
We preserve this food naturally using mixed tocopherols, a natural source of vitamin E.
- Crude Protein (min) 32.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 20.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 2.50%
- Moisture (max) 9.00%
- Linoleic Acid (Omega 6) (min) 3.75%
- Vitamin E (min) 200.00 IU/kg
- Taurine (min) 0.15%
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)* (min) 0.75%
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* (min) 50.00mg/kg
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus* (min) 100 CFU/lb
- Cellulase* (a) 100 CMCU/kg
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
(a) One Carboxymethyl Cellulose Unit (CMCU) liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.
||1/6 - 1/4 cup
||1/4 - 1/2 cup
||1/2 - 3/4 cup
||3/4 - 1 cup
Kittens up to six months old may require up to three times the amount of food as an adult cat and should be fed 3 to 4 times a day.
Kittens six months to a year may require twice the amount of food as an adult cat and should be fed twice a day.
Pregnant and lactating cats should be fed free choice.
Senior and overweight cats may be fed a reduced amount, depending on the cat’s weight and activity level.
The Daily Feeding Guidelines are a good starting point on the amount of food suggested to be fed on a daily basis.
If you feed more than once per day, simply divide the Daily Feeding Guidelines by the number of times fed per day.
Always provide plenty of fresh water.