Aqua UV 120W 2 inch Classic UV Sterilizer The Classic Series UV's are ideal for ponds, aquariums, and water features. The Classic's rugged design has features that allow for quick installation and easy maintenance. Aqua Ultraviolet UV's will clear your water in 3 to 5 days sometimes overnight and keep it that way. Performance is guaranteed when sized, installed and operated according to our instructions.
- Fresh Water Sterilizer: 4,400-6,000 gallons; Flowrate - 4,080 gph for 30,000 µw/cm2
- Fresh Water Clarifier: up to 12,000 gallons; ideal for water gardens
- Salt Water Sterilizer: up to 900 gallons; Flowrate - 1,360gph for 90,000 µw/cm2
- Dimensions: 39.5" X 16.5" X 2.5"
- Inlet: 2" slip, Outlet: 2" slip
- Available in white (Black by special order only)
What is a Sterilizer? A sterilizer will eliminate green water and control bacteria. The Classic 120 Watt, will sterilize up to 6,000 gallons of fresh water or 900 gallons of salt water.
What is a Clarifier? Used as a Clarifier the Classic 120 Watt, will control green water in a freshwater environment of up to 12,000 gallons that has 50% to 75% plant coverage and partial shade.
What works best for Marine Tanks? In marine fish tanks (No reef or live rock) a flow rate matching those shown in the 75,000 or 90,000 column will be most effective at controlling fish disease.
How do I size a UV for a Reef Tanks? In salt water reef environments choose a UV that matches your flow rate per hour in the 30,000 or 45,000 columns of our chart. Flow rates in the 75,000 and 90,000 columns will destroy the planktonic food supply for the reef.