Aqua UV 8W Advantage 2000 HOB UV SterilizerThe Advantage Series is ideal for small ponds, aquariums, and water features. Advantage UV's are slim, lightweight units designed for maximum UV effectiveness. Aqua Ultraviolet UV's will clear your water in 3 to 5 days sometimes overnight and keep it that way. Performance is guaranteed when sized, installed and operated according to our instructions.
- Fresh Water Sterilizer: 5-200 gallons; Flowrate - 642 gph for 30,000 µw/cm2
- Fresh Water Clarifier: up to 1,500 gallons; ideal for water gardens
- Salt Water Sterilizer: up to 70 gallons; Flowrate - 214gph for 90,000 µw/cm2
- Dimensions: 18" X 4" X 2.5"
- Inlet: 1/2" MPT and 1/2" 90 degree elbow barb included
- Available in black only.
- Lightweight Unit Weighs: 4 lbs
- Housing: Limited lifetime warranty on housing against Ultraviolet degradation
Complete Unit: One year from date of purchase or 18 months from manufacturing date
What is a Sterilizer?A sterilizer will eliminate green water and control bacteria. The Advantage 2000, 8 Watt, will sterilize up to 200 gallons of fresh water or 70 gallons of salt water.
What is a Clarifier?Used as a Clarifier the Advantage 2000, 8 Watt will control green water in a freshwater environment of up to 1,500 gallons that has 50% to 75% plant coverage and partial shade.
What works best for Marine Tanks?In marine fish tanks (No reef or live rock) a flow rate matching those shown in the 75,000 or 90,000 column will be most effective at controlling fish disease.
How do I size a UV for a Reef Tanks?In salt water reef environments choose a UV that matches your flow rate per hour in the 30,000 or 45,000 columns of our chart. Flow rates in the 75,000 and 90,000 columns will destroy the planktonic food supply for the reef.