The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.How does Spray Injection Work?
In 1998, Jason Kim (owner and founder of AquaC) developed a patented process of protein skimming which has come to be known as Spray Injection. Unlike previous forms of skimming, our spray injection method enables huge amounts of air and water to be processed with a relatively small pump. Although it is a simple process, there is still some confusion as to how the spray injector works.
Imagine that you're washing your car – you've got a bucket full of soapy water and a garden hose with a fast-moving stream of water. By placing your thumb over the end of the hose, you can disrupt the stream into a turbulent, high –pressure spray. Now direct that spray down into the bucket of water, and you'll generate a massive amount of bubbles and air flow. That is exactly how our spray injector works.
The skimmer body acts as a water reservoir – the bucket in the example above. Water is pumped through the spray injector, which has a special nozzle that fans the water out into a pressurized spray. This spray shoots into the skimmer body, generating millions of tiny air bubbles. As the bubbles are formed, more air is sucked into the skimmer as a result of the local drop in pressure and the process continues.
Most other forms of protein skimming rely on special valves or media to generate the air flow, and these parts quickly become clogged with salt, dust, or even mineral deposits. The AquaC spray injector is a relatively large nozzle that resists clogging, and when combined with a pump prefilter, can be considered maintenance free."For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
The AquaC Remora Series is the first hang-on protein skimmer under $250 to be able to generate a dry consistency of foam that previously only an in-sump "super-skimmer" is capable of.Features:
- The Remora is built from translucent gray acrylic to inhibit the growth of algae and marine organisms.
- The skimmer can be ordered with a collection drain fitting (optional).
- The two screws at the base of the skimmer are used to adjust the Remora so that it is level with the back of the tank.
Features and Benefits of the Maxi Jet Pro:
- Tank Size (Gallons): 20-75
- Dimensions: 19" tall x 6" wide x 2-3/4" deep
- Minimum tank opening 5-1/4" x 1-1/2"
- Minimum tank height 12-1/2"
- Minimum space behind tank 2-3/4"
- Maximum tank lip 1-3/8" wide
- Vertical clearance above tank 10-1/2"
- Includes nylon cleaning brush
- Venturi – Silent, fully adjustable aeration.
- Rotational Output – Directs water flow to needed areas of the tank.
- Impeller – Maximizes water flow.
- Adaptable Intake – Allows the power head to be used with undergravel filters.
- Omni-Directional Mount – Adjusts the pump to fit the proper current needs inside the tank.
- Propeller –Maximizes the water flow.
- Propeller Cage – Protects the propeller and tank inhabitants while minimizing flow restriction.
- Flow Rate: 295/1300 GPH