AquaC Remora-S Hang-On Protein Skimmer without PumpNEW FOR 2012!
The Remora-S features a redesigned High-Flow Spray Injector that increases air and water flow. The new injector also produces smaller air bubbles that boosts performance higher than ever before. The newly redesigned skimmer includes a taller collection cup, doubling the capacity, with a larger foam tower to handle the extra foam production. A neoprene noise muffler, specially designed to fit around the injector, is included to reduce noise. Improved tank-mount hardware is also included. Factory testing at Aqua C suggests a 30% increase in skimming performance!Information
The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.
Unlike previous forms of skimming, the patented Aqua C spray injection method enables huge amounts of air and water to be processed with a relatively small pump. Although it is a simple process, there is still some confusion as to how the spray injector works.
Most other forms of protein skimming rely on special valves or media to generate the air flow, and these parts quickly become clogged with salt, dust, or even mineral deposits. The AquaC spray injector is a relatively large nozzle that resists clogging. "For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
The AquaC Remora S Series is the first hang-on protein skimmer under $250 to be able to generate a dry consistency of foam that previously only an in-sump "super-skimmer" is capable of. Features:
- The Remora-S is built from translucent gray acrylic to inhibit the growth of algae and marine organisms.
- The skimmer now includes a collection drain fitting as a standard feature.
- The two screws at the base of the skimmer are used to adjust the Remora-S so that it is level with the back of the tank.
*pump sold separately.
- Tank Size (Gallons): 20-75
- Dimensions: 19" tall x 6" wide x 2-3/4" deep
- Minimum tank opening 5-1/4" x 1-1/2"
- Minimum tank height 12-1/2"
- Minimum space behind tank 2-3/4"
- Maximum tank lip 1-3/8" wide
- Vertical clearance above tank 12-1/2"
- Includes nylon cleaning brush