AquaC Urchin Pro-S Hang-On Protein Skimmer InformationNEW FOR 2012!
The Urchin Pro-S features a redesigned High-Flow Spray Injector that increases air and water flow. The new injector produces smaller air bubbles that boosts performance higher than ever before. The newly redesigned skimmer includes a larger mixing chamber and a taller, double-capacity, collection cup. The larger foam tower on the collection cup helps to handle the extra foam production. A neoprene noise muffler, specially designed to fit around the injector, is included to reduce noise. Factory testing at Aqua C suggests a 30% increase in skimming performance!Information
The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.
Unlike previous forms of skimming, the patented Aqua C spray injection method enables huge amounts of air and water to be processed with a relatively small pump. Although it is a simple process, there is still some confusion as to how the spray injector works.
Most other forms of protein skimming rely on special valves or media to generate the air flow, and these parts quickly become clogged with salt, dust, or even mineral deposits. The AquaC spray injector is a relatively large nozzle that resists clogging. "For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
Birch Aquarium at ScrippsFeatures:
- The Urchin Pro-S is built from translucent gray acrylic to inhibit the growth of algae and marine organisms.
- The skimmer now includes a collection drain fitting as a standard feature.
Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 5 Water Pump Information
- Tank Size (Gallons): 50-120
- Dimensions: 22" tall x 7-1/2" wide x 3-1/4" deep
- Footpring: 8-1/4" x 7-1/2" including pump (pump sold separately)
- Minimum vertical clearance: 29-1/2"
- Water level exit height: 15"
- Includes nylon cleaning brush
Magnetic drive Supreme pumps are made to run continuously, without seals to wear out. Highly energy efficient, the savings pass on to the consumer. Suitable for large aquariums, piped statuary and ponds.
- Flow Rate: 500 GPH maximum with a 10.5` shut-off
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts
- Pump Size (L x W x H): 5.0" x 3.8" x 4.2"
- Outlet Size / Inlet Size: 1/2" MPT / 1/2" FPT
- 10` grounded power cord