AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactor
Controlling nutrients inside our aquariums is one of the keys to preventing nuisance algae growth. The AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactor is a finely-tuned fluidized filter designed to help hobbyists remove nitrates and phosphates from reef aquarium systems.
AquaMaxx BioMaxx bio pellet reactors are computer designed, precision-cut and made of polished A-class acrylic. All AquaMaxx media reactors are rigorously tested to ensure reliability, efficiency and affordability.
The AquaMaxx Bio Pellet Reactor utilizes a fluidizing plate to keep biopellet media suspended and evenly dispersed. The upward flow design provides maximum contact time between your aquarium water and the bio pellets inside the reactor. The Aquamaxx BioMaxx Biopellets Reactor also includes a special plate on the lid to keep media within the reactor without the need for sponges.
Adding a bio pellets reactor to your reef aquarium filtration system will improve the water quality for fish and other marine life. Biopellets initiate a more efficient denitrification process that removes nitrate and phosphate from aquarium water to prevent algae growth or harm to invertebrate and coral.
The AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactor requires a small pump/powerhead
to push water through the reactor (sold separately). You can plumb the reactor using ¾" flexible tubing. Using a ball valve
is highly recommended because it will allow you to dial-in the correct flow rate. A flow rate of 200-300 gallons per hour (GPH) is recommended for the AquaMaxx BioPellet Reactor. A flow rate of 300-400 GPH is recommended for the AquaMaxx BioMaxx XL BioPellet Reactor.
An optional hang-on adaptor (sold separately) is available for additional mounting configurations. For best results, use AquaMaxx BioMaxx Plus BioPellets
or similar biofiltration & nutrient control filter media.
All AquaMaxx products carry a 90-day manufacturer warranty and include detailed instructions and diagrams to help hobbyists get up and running immediately.
AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactor Specifications
- Footprint: 5.5" x 5.5"
- Diameter: 4" Chamber
- Height: 12.6"
- Capacity: 0.26 Gallons
- A-class acrylic construction
- Extremely efficient, reliable and affordable
- Easy to setup and maintain
- Ideal for nitrate and phosphate removal
- Instruction manual with diagrams for setup and maintenance included
- Inlet and outlet hose fittings for ¾" flexible tubing included.
AquaMaxx BioMaxx Plus BioPellets improve water quality for fish and other marine life in saltwater aquariums. BioMaxx Plus BioPellets initiate a more efficient denitrification process that removes nitrate and phosphate from aquarium water. High nitrate and phosphate fuels algae growth and may negatively impact invertebrate or coral.
Using BioMaxx Plus BioPellets inside a fluidized filter (media reactor) will help to achieve maximum results and efficiency. Use 0.5 to 1 liter of pellets for every 125 gallons of water. Starting with a low dosage and increasing over time is preferable to beginning with a higher dosage. Be sure to rinse the media before use.
1. Fill your fluidized media reactor with the appropriate amount of AquaMaxx BioMaxx Plus BioPellets.
2. Use a ball valve (or similar device) to adjust the flow inside the reactor so that the BioPellets are suspended within the reactor chamber. The pellets should not be pushed to the top.
3. Check your media reactor once each day to ensure your BioPellets are still fluidized. The pellets will slough layers and decrease in size due to the tumbling action inside the reactor. Replenish your reactor every 3 to 6 months (or as needed) with additional BioPellets.