AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock is a 100% natural, eco-friendly live rock alternative that is perfect for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems.
This new base rock from AquaMaxx is professionally cleaned and dried to ensure no pesky hitchhikers, pests or algae are introduced into your saltwater aquarium
. AquaMaxx dry rock is not man-made; it is real calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite we quarry in Florida, far away from living coral reefs. It is completely reef-safe and will not leach any undesirable contaminants into your delicate saltwater system.
AquaMaxx aquarium base rock does not affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle
and may therefore be added to new aquariums and established tanks alike. AquaMaxx
dry rock for saltwater aquariums is super porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to act as a biological filter to help maintain pristine water conditions in your tank.
Reef aquarium hobbyists get more bang for their buck with high porous, low density AquaMaxx aquarium rocks. You not only get more volume per pound, but fewer pounds are required to fill your aquarium compared to denser, heavier base rock for sale. AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock is a tremendous value, especially compared to live rock, since you do not have to pay for extra water weight and expedited shipping.
AquaMaxx environmentally friendly dry aquarium rock is harvested on land in Florida and only the best pieces are selected to sell for aquarium use. We handpick a variety of shapes and sizes to make aquascaping your reef tank fun and easy. AquaMaxx rock is full of nooks and crannies that offer great anchoring points for stacking rocks or placing coral frags
. Aquarium epoxy
molds easily to AquaMaxx aquarium dry rock allowing you to create elaborate pillars, sturdy shelves, interesting overhangs and cool caves.
Using AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock guarantees unwanted hitchhikers will not enter your tank, which is commonplace with live rock. Having no detrimental and difficult-to-remove aiptasia and majano anemones, fire worms, flatworms, mantis shrimp and pyramidellid snails in your aquarium is a huge advantage that will save you time, money and stress during the life of your tank.
AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock is available in 3 box sizes: 10 lbs, 25 lbs. and 50 lbs. We recommend 1 to 2 lbs. of rock per gallon of aquarium water. Please note the photos displayed on our website are merely representative of the rock you will receive so the actual size, shape and appearance will vary with each order.
To seed your aquarium with beneficial bacteria, just place a separate piece of quality live rock
in your tank along with AquaMaxx Dry Reef Rock or use a bacterial supplement
to kickstart the cycling process. Soon your dry rock will be alive and beautiful!
- 100% natural calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite dry rock
- Safe for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems
- Guaranteed not to introduce undesirable hitchhikers, like algae and aiptasia
- Will not leach undesirable contaminants or affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle
- Harvested on land in a Florida rock quarry so no damage comes to natural coral reefs
- Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than live rock
- You get more volume per pound than live rock so less is required to aquascape your aquarium
- Natural pores aid in biological filtration, water circulation and provide hiding places for fish and invertebrate
- Easily stackable to create one-of-a-kind aquascapes that feature pillars, shelves, overhangs and caves
- The nooks and crannies in each rock make it easy to mount your favorite coral frags
- Available in 3 box sizes: 10 lbs, 20 lbs. and 50 lbs.