Give your aquatic pets
a cleaner and clearer environment to live in with the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Filstar Bio-Chem Zorb from Pet Store
. This product will further aid in cleaning your aquarium thoroughly, particularly from the invisible but deadly chemicals that could be present in your aquarium water. You can use this product, regardless of whether you use freshwater or saltwater.
The Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Filstar Bio-Chem Zorb is mostly responsible for getting rid of all impurities inside your aquarium. It also acts as a filter to remove all dust particles from the decorations that you have in your tank. As a result, your tank will be clearer, and maintaining your aquarium will be much easier. You can use a little amount of this product to clean any size of aquarium.
The Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Filstar Bio-Chem Zorb does not affect the performance of your built-in filters. Plus, it will not cause an imbalance to your water's pH level. It will not give your fish any stress. Another good benefit of the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Filstar Bio-Chem Zorb is that it takes care of your pets, as well as the other reef life that inhabits your tank. The product makes them healthier and more beautiful. Try this on your aquarium today.
Canister filter media designed to fit the FilStar XP. The ultimate media for the removal of organic waste from fresh and saltwater.Bio-Chem® Zorb - for fresh and salt water:
- Removes dissolved organic waste
- Makes water crystal clear by removing aquarium pollutants that cause discoloration and foul odors
- Removes toxic heavy metals in fresh water
- Does not remove trace elements from saltwater aquariums
Bio-Chem Zorb is composed of two organic scavenger resins and two ion-exchange resins, combined with a high-porosity activated carbon. Together, they remove synthetic chemicals, naturally occurring organic pollutants and metabolic by-products from aquarium water. Bio-Chem Zorb filters water to a level not achievable with carbon alone.Organic Pollutants in the Aquarium:
Bacterial decomposition of dead fish and plants, uneaten fish food and solid waste from fish and invertebrates creates organic pollutants in the aquarium. In nature, water currents and tides carry these pollutants away. Aquarium water, however, is changed only periodically. In between changes, organic pollutants can accumulate to harmful levels.Effect of Accumulated Organic Pollutants in the Aquarium:
Using Bio-Chem Zorb In Salt Water:
- The accumulation of organic pollutants creates a stressful environment and provides a breeding ground for fish pathogens. Some naturally occurring bacteria break down certain organic pollutants. However, this action is often incomplete in an aquarium and uses up oxygen, reducing the amount of oxygen available for fish, invertebrates and the biological filter.
- Poor water quality ultimately causes suppression of the immune system, leading to disease outbreaks and inhibiting the growth and reproduction of fish and invertebrates. The accumulation of organic pollutants also leads to negative effects such as decreased pH, discolored water, reduced light transmittance and foul odors.
- Bio-Chem Zorb cleans aquarium water through ion exchange, adsorption and absorption processes. Organic pollutants, toxic heavy metals and aquarium medications are efficiently "sorbed" by organic scavenger resins and high-porosity activated carbon in Bio-Chem Zorb.
Bio-Chem Zorb is especially useful in removing refractory organics or "yellow water" that form when organic pollutants are not biodegraded. These organic pollutants can reduce the transmittance of light energy necessary for many saltwater invertebrates. With Bio-Chem Zorb, a high redox potential will be easier to maintain. Bio-Chem Zorb is also very effective for removing aquarium medications and treatments.Directions for use in RENA® FilStar Filters:
- Remove Bio-Chem Zorb filter pouch from plastic bag.
- DO NOT open Bio-Chem Zorb filter pouch. One 283 g pouch should be used for every 55 U.S. gallons (208 L) of aquarium water.
- It is important to rinse filter pouch of Bio-Chem Zorb under tap water to remove any dust. The rinse water does not have to run completely clear.
- Place filter pouch directly in FilStar filtration basket after (above) filter foams.
- Replace filter pouch every 1 to 3 months, depending on stocking density and water quality.
Use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Test Kits to monitor water quality weekly. Bio-Chem Zorb is designed for use with all FilStar filtration media.