Keeping track and maintaining the quality of water in the tank is made easy with the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit from Pet Store
. This kit contains the complete tools to test the quality of water in the aquarium and thus, protect marine inhabitants from dangerous water conditions. The kit includes several tests for High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Included in the package are four test tubes, a holding tray, and a test tube rack.
The Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit measures pH from 7.2 to 8.8 in either fresh or saltwater aquariums. It contains two High Range pH Test Color Charts: one for freshwater aquariums
, and one for saltwater aquariums. These charts are useful guides to interpret test results of aquarium water.
With the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit, delving into the scientific part of aquarium care has never been easier. It even contains an instructional guide for users to follow. It is very easy to use. It also has safety features like a childproof safety caps, so your children cannot tamper the current solution. The kit contains over 550 tests. The results of these tests are very accurate. The kit is also offered at a very reasonable price.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Liquid Master Test Kit is the best deal that you can get if you want a fast, accurate and easy way of keeping the quality of water in your tank at its best, and ensuring that your aquarium pets live long and healthy lives.
A complete kit for testing marine aquarium water. Tests water four ways to protect marine fish and invertebrates from dangerous water conditions. Kit includes tests for: High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, plus four test tubes, holding tray and test tube rack. Fast, easy and accurate.Freshwater/Saltwater High Range pH Test Instructions:Why Test pH?
pH is the measure of acidity of water. A pH reading of 7.0 is neutral. A pH higher than 7.0 is alkaline, and a pH lower than 7.0 is acidic. Certain freshwater fish thrive at a pH above 7.0. Live-bearers and goldfish require a pH of 7.5. African cichlids, marine fish and invertebrates require a pH between 8.2 and 8.4. Maintaining the aquarium at the proper pH ensures optimal water quality.Testing Tips:
This test kit measures pH from 7.2 to 8.8 in either fresh or saltwater aquariums. This kit contains two High Range pH Test Color Charts one for freshwater aquariums, and one for saltwater aquariums so be sure to use the correct chart for your type of aquarium when interpreting test results. The Freshwater pH Test Color Chart is the appropriate chart to use for testing freshwater aquariums to which aquarium salt and African cichlid salt have been added. Artificial salt water should have a pH of 8.2. If not, adjustment with Aquarium Pharmaceuticals PROPER pH™ 8.2 is recommended. pH adjustment may be required in newly made salt water.Directions for Testing pH:
Recommended pH Levels:Saltwater
- Read thoroughly before testing. Do not allow Test Solutions to get into aquarium.
- To remove childproof safety cap: With one hand, push red tab left with thumb while unscrewing cap with free hand.
- Fill a clean test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
- Add five drops of Indicator Solution, holding dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops.
- Cap the test tube and invert tube several times to mix solution. Do not hold finger over open end of tube, as this may affect the test results.
- Determine the pH reading by matching the color of the solution against those on the High Range pH Color Chart. The tube should be viewed against the white area beside the color chart. Color comparisons are best made in a well-lit area. The closest match indicates the pH of the water sample. Rinse the test tube with clean water after each use.
A pH level of 8.2 is ideal for saltwater fish, invertebrates and African cichlids. To automatically set the pH at 8.2. use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals PROPER pH 8.2 for saltwater aquariums. Proper pH 8.2 is a carbonate buffer which automatically adjusts and holds the pH at 8.2.Freshwater
A pH of 7.5 is ideal for most live-bearing fish, such as mollies and swordtails. Goldfish will also thrive at a pH of 7.5. To raise or lower the pH of a freshwater aquarium, use Aquarium Pharmaceuticals pH UP™ or pH Down™, following the directions on the container. Proper pH 7.5 may be used to automatically adjust and hold pH at 7.5. Proper pH 8.2 may be used in African cichlid aquariums.Frequency of Testing:
The pH should be tested weekly, since natural materials in the aquarium (such as fish waste and decaying food) can cause pH changes. The minimum pH reading for this kit is 7.2 and the maximum is 8.8. Under extreme water conditions, readings below the minimum will read 7.2 and above the maximum will read 8.8. pH adjustments outside the range of this kit will not show any changes until the pH of the aquarium water is within the range of this kit.CAUTION:
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Eye contact: gently flush with water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contact lens, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
- Skin contact: wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- If swallowed, contact