Protein skimmers have become a standard component in saltwater and reef aquarium filtration systems as they are very effective at removing dissolved organic compounds from aquarium water.
The Coralife Super Skimmer is a high-performance foam fractionator designed with a patented needle-wheel impeller and aspirating venturi. An improved energy saving pump increases the performance of the skimmer without increasing power demand.
The needle-wheel system creates a spiraling vortex of water and micro bubbles inside the reaction chamber where the bubbles attract fine proteins and organic compounds and deposit them in the collection cup. Advanced cone-shape design allows for unrestricted foam flow towards collection cup. This flow pattern naturally reduces the amount of water between air bubbles as the foam rises to efficiently produce a drier more productive skimmate in the collection cup. The result is a clean and healthy aquarium environment.
- Patented needle wheel aspiration system using Posi-Flow pump
- Powerful, yet quiet internal pump reduces footprint
- Wide Neck Collection Cup with easy twist feature for effortless cleaning
- Dual Injection Inlets increase bubble / water contact time
- Wide Bubble Diffusion Plate uniformly disperses bubbles on bottom of reaction chamber
- Oversized Air Inlet Tube reduces clogging and deposit build-up
- Water Level Adjustment Dial for precision bubble production and water level control
- Bubble Production Diffuser to prevent the flow of micro-bubbles into main aquarium
- Dimensions: L14.5 x W9.75 x H26
- For saltwater aquariums up to 300 gallons