A skimmer is just one of the many devices you can use to keep your aquarium
healthy and clean. A skimmer, in particular, removes excess protein that forms and accumulates on the surface of the water. The skimmer passes through -- or skims -- the water surface and forms bubbles in the process. The surface of the bubbles attract the protein off the surface of the water. The bubbles then travel back to a canister or tube (also known as the reaction chamber) inside the skimmer, where the bubbles pop and the protein gets collected for disposal.
A trusted skimmer in the market is the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel from Pet Store
. It uses patented technology for exclusive use by Coralife, so you won't find any other brand that employs the same technique. This skimmer creates a lot of micro-bubbles to attract more protein. The technology behind the needle-wheel makes it possible for bubbles to form really fast to create a thick, foamy froth that retains its form until it enters the reaction chamber where the protein gets collected. This is better than regular skimmers because bigger bubbles tend to pop even before they get to the reaction chamber. You won't get the same problem with foamy froth.
In spite of its power, the the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel remains to be one of the most pocket-friendly skimmers in the market. Quality isn't sacrificed in spite of its affordability.
NEEDLE-WHEEL SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY - PUMP INCLUDED
- Dual Application System: Hang-on Tank Mount or Sump Hook-up
- Easy-twist Collection Cup
- Water-level Adjustment Dial
- Bubble-production Diffuser
- High-grade acrylic construction with custom components
- Patented Needle-Wheel System with Aspirating Venturi
- Includes Needle-Wheel Water Pump with Air Inlet Silencer
- Tank Capacity: up to 220gal
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 6.00"x8.00"x25.50"
- Footprint Required for Sump(L x W): 9.00"x8.00"