Think of your aquarium's filter
as the kidneys of your aquarium system. Just the same way your blood transports oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and moves them to your kidneys for cleaning, your aquarium's pump and filter work the same way. The pump moves the water around and the filter takes out the toxins and debris from the water. What kind of toxins would accumulate in the water anyway? Actually the dangerous elements are not the ones that you can see.
It is the invincible items that you should be worried about. While it is easy to see debris filtered out, invisible threats like ammonia, nitrates and nitrites can cause stress to your fish, which would make them susceptible to parasites and diseases. If the toxin level in the water accumulates high enough, your water becomes quite poisonous and your fish and plants will die. This is the reason why it is significantly important to invest in a very powerful filter. The CPR CY192 Filter from Pet Store
includes a protein skimmer that removes proteins and non-degraded food from your aquarium.
If left in the water, these elements would break down into harmful biological chemicals that could stress your fish and pollute the water. The CPR CY192 Filter employs bio-bale, which is a high-performance biological medium to quickly and efficiently soak up any toxins from your water. You can use a submersible pump with this filter or you could use an external pump. It is also very easy to disassemble and easy to clean. If you are looking for an effective filter, try the CPR CY192 Filter.
- Features a Rejuvenation Venturi (RVT) driven protein skimmer. RVT Powerhead for the protein skimmer is included
- Has a bypass for the protein skimmer so that the water and air intake are always constant and provide maximum skimming action
- Funnel shaped collection cup for efficient and easy removal of proteins and uneaten food before they reach the biological media
- Has an adjustable gate which allows fine tuning of the height of the water in the protein skimmer
- Has a deep sump area for probes, chemical media, etc
- Has a non-warping lid which prevents excessive evaporation
- Uses a high performing biological medium, Bio-Bale
- Disassembles quickly and easily for cleaning
- Can be used with a submersible or external pump
- 4" diameter skimmer
- Bio chamber: 1.5 gallons
- Total sump area: 4 gallons
- Maximum flow rate: 400 gal/hr
- up to 100 gal tank size
- 15" x 9" x 14.5"
Recommended for aquariums up to 100 gal.