Tank mounted Installation
The MC500 fits tidily inside the aquarium against either the back or side wall and normally can be fitted using the bracket supplied, (either clear front face or black back face forwards). As long as the water level does not exceed the maximum shown on the body then the unit will operate. Sump Mounted Installation
The skimmer can be used in any sump as long as the water depth is greater than 125mm and does not exceed the max level shown on the body. An adjustable weir plate is provided which raises the water level to the correct height for any depth of water. Technical Data
- MC500 Skimmer : Article No. 31116
- Can be used either in a sump or inside an aquarium.
- Minimum water level when used within a sump is 5".
- The skimmer does not require any form of additional feed pump.
- 250 litres of air are produced at the venturi.
- L 8.25" W 3.55" H 20.9" (allowing for removal of the cup).
- The minimum sump water level is 5".
- The body of the unit sits 3.25" out of the water plus the height of the collection cup.
- Normal Stocking 175 US gallons
- Heavy Stocking 120 US gallons
- Pump - Aquabee 2000AS with Deltec Pinwheel - 10W for 110V version