This product is for any serious aquarium hobbyist that owns or plans to own an EcoTech Marine VorTech pump. In 4 - 10 hours of no flow, an aquarium with all its fish and corals begins to die.
Extreme weather can strike during any season, and we cant always predict the outcome. In the event of a power outage, is your tank protected? By adding the an EcoTech Marine Battery Backup, your tanks flow will continue unaltered for up to 60 hours after the power goes out (30 hours for two pumps). Add a second battery backup to double the run time.
- Reef Tank Insurance in an aluminum housing.
- Backup power for 30 or more hours on a VorTech Pump.
- Can Connect to another Battery Backup for 2X the run time.
- One battery linked to two pumps yields approximately half the total run time.
- Comes with Trickle Charger so you`re always prepared.
- Complete package comes with all the wiring cables needed to power two pumps.
- Designed to power the EcoTech Marine VorTech Pump.
- Knowing you are a responsible reef keeper.
- Vacation better. Sleep better. Peace of mind.
- 18 Amp-Hour 12-volt sealed battery.
- Powder-coated white aluminum housing.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9? x 7? x 3.25?
Instructions for Use:
The charger should be plugged into the wall and plugged into the charging port as indicated on the side of the battery backup. The charger should remain plugged in at all times. The provided cables can then be plugged into your VorTech pump. You may run two pumps off of your battery backup but doing so will reduce the total run time for each pump by approximately one-half. To double the run time, you can connect two batteries together in a daisy-chain fashion using the provided cables.
The VorTechs wave driver constantly monitors the incoming 24-volts of DC power coming from the wall. When the wall power ceases during a power outage, the driver seamlessly switches to the 12-volts coming from the battery backup to provide emergency circulation. The precise run-time of the pump on battery backup mode will depend on the age of the battery and the speed setting of the pump.The battery backup should be maintained around 70deg F to keep it in optimal condition. The life of the battery will also depend on the number of discharges that the unit has been cycled through. Every time the unit is cycled, the life of the battery and its capacity is reduced.