EcoTech Marine VorTech Propeller Pumps with Wave Driver (2xMP40W Units) + Battery Backup (1xUnit)
EcoTech Marine has created a new benchmark for wave-like flow by taking a direct route to what we all desire as reef aquarium hobbyists; we wanted high flow, low heat, easy, efficient and controllable technology. Now we have it.
The VorTech minimizes the intrusion of equipment in your tank by using a patent pending bracketless design; this allows the motor to be on the outside of the aquarium and uses a magnetic field to transfer torque through the aquarium wall to the propeller located in the water.Specifications:
- Flow: 1,000 to 3,200 gph
- Wattage: 9 to 28 watts
- Maximum Tank Thickness: 3/4"
- Appropriate Tank Size Range: 50-500 gallons
- Dimensions: Wet Side- 3" diameter by 2.25" long
- Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3"
- Improved Wireless Range
- On/Off Button
- Wave Auto-Tune Mode
- EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode
- EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode
- Dark Mode
- New and Improved Night Mode, Feed Mode, Battery Backup Power Meter
- The Classic Reef Crest, Lagoonal, Short Pulse and Long Pulse Modes are still included
EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode
In this EcoSMART mode water is circulated to create a harmonic balance in your aquarium reminiscent of the changing flow conditions that would be found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic with an emphasis on left to right flow direction to an emphasis on right to left flow direction, all the while experiencing calm period in between and followed by a great surge of flow at the very end of the cycle. Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSMART modes.
EcoSmart Nutrient Transport Mode
In this EcoSMART mode, water is circulated in a two phase program consisting of wave motion to stir up detritus and surging motion to move the detritus into your overflow where it can be skimmed out. This effect promotes maximum health and nutrient export, as well as increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS. Adjusting the dial changes the maximum speed achieved at any time during this mode. Slave pumps should be positioned opposite the master and on the back of the tank to take full advantage of the EcoSMART modes.
Classic Reef-Crest and Lagoonal Random Modes
In random mode you can toggle between two different modes, Reef-Crest and Lagoonal. When a pump is in Lagoonal Random Mode, the dial is used to set the maximum operational speed, and the driver will automatically randomize the pumps output to simulate either a high (Reef-Crest) or low (Lagoonal) energy reef environment. If this pump is a master, the associated slave pumps will replicate the master in sync or anti-sync modes.
EcoSMART Driver General Operational Modes
This product is for any serious aquarium hobbyist that owns or plans to own an EcoTech Marine VorTech pump. By adding a battery backup you are insulated from power interruptions for up to 30 hours. In 4 - 10 hours of no flow, an aquarium with all its fish and corals begins to die. Buy time, it`s rarely for sale.Product Features:
- Reef Tank Insurance in an aluminum housing.
- Backup power for 30 or more hours on a VorTech Pump.
- Can Connect to another Battery Backup for 2X the run time.
- Comes with Trickle Charger so you`re always prepared.
- Complete package comes with all the wiring cables needed.
- Designed to power the EcoTech Marine VorTech Pump.
- Knowing you are a responsible reef keeper.
- Vacation better. Sleep better. Peace of mind.