Phosphates are particularly important for the growth and development of plant roots, and hence are one of the most common fertilizers used in agriculture. In addition, phosphates are usually utilized in detergents and are needed, in small quantities, for heating systems. However, high concentrations of phosphates can cause environmental pollution: they are for example a primary cause of eutrophication. For these reasons, it is necessary to closely monitor the phosphate levels present in both civil and industrial waste water.
- Range 0.00 to 2.50 mg/L (ppm)
- Resolution 0.01 mg/L (ppm)
- Precision ±0.04 mg/L ±4% of reading
- Light Source Tungsten lamp
- Light Detector Silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 610 nm
- Method Adaptation of the ascorbic acid method.
- HI96713 is supplied with sample cuvettes with caps (2), 9V battery and instruction manual.