With so many things you need to test and monitor in an aquarium
, it does get tiring and stressful to have separate devices just to complete all the necessary testing and monitoring. Managing an aquarium is not an easy task, but that doesn't mean that it can't be made a bit more convenient for you. You need to take advantage of devices that combine several processes and tasks into one, so that you don't have to buy too many pieces of equipment.
One such device that you need is the HM Digital Waterproof EC/TDS/Temp Combo Meter Pet Store
. This slender device that looks like a pen can test for the water's salinity, total dissolved solids (TDS), conductivity (EC), and temperature. That's four different things that you need to test, but with just one convenient tool. You can even use the device to convert your data to meaningful measurements, such as converting EC to TDS.
The HM Digital Waterproof EC/TDS/Temp Combo Meter has a large LCD screen that's quite easy to see even in the dark. The screen even gives simultaneous readings of the temperature along with other test results.
If this device does wear and tear from usage, as it naturally happens, you don't have to buy a new device. You just need to get a new sensor, which is replaceable.
COM-100: Waterproof EC / TDS / Temp Combo Meter
- Ideal for all water quality testing, water purification applications, wastewater regulation, aquaculture, hydroponics, colloidal silver, labs & scientific testing, pools & spas, ecology testing, boilers & cooling towers, water treatment and more.
- Measures electrical conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS) and temperature.
- Three different calibration options (KCl, 442TM, NaCl), each with its own non-linear conversion factor.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) using three temperature coefficients
- Waterproof housing (IP-67 rating)
- Measurement Range: 0-9990 µS; 0-8560 ppm (auto-ranging)
- Digital Calibration (push button)
- Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator
- Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
- Replaceable Sensor (model SP-C1)
- Factory Calibrated: The COM-100 meter is calibrated with a 1413 µS solution. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
- Includes a cap, batteries and lanyard.
- See how the COM-100 stacks up against the competition.
- Need help deciding which meter is right for you? View our TDS/EC Meter Selection Guide.
- EC Range: 0 - 9990 µS
- TDS Range: 0-8560 ppm (mg/L)
- Temperature Range: 0-80 °C; 32-176 °F
- Resolution: 0-99: 0.1 µS/ppm; 100-999: 1 µS/ppm; 1000-9990: 10 µS/ppm. Temp. resolution is 0.1 °C/F
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
- EC to TDS Conversion Factor: Non-linear conversions for KCl, 442TM or NaCl solutions, set by the user.
- Calibration: Digital calibration by push button.
- Probe: Detachable platinum electrodes
- Housing: IP-67 Waterproof (submersible; floats)
- Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included) (model 357A)
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm (7.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches)
- Weight: 90.7g (3.2 oz)