Kent Marine Essential Elements Information
Kent Marine Essential Elements replaces biologically important trace minerals which are removed by marine fish and invertebrates, and removed through protein skimming, ozone, and especially carbon filtration. Designed for fish only and reef systems. Essential Elements is unmatched in its ability to increase vigor and color! Does not contain detrimental heavy metals, phosphates, nitrates, or silicates. Does not promote undesirable algae growth.
Add 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) per 50 gallons every 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the amount of water changes done. Also add immediately after carbon use. Do not dose with Kalkwasser, add directly to tank or sump.
Considerations for use:
1) First use an excellent grade of synthetic marine salt (of course Kent Sea Salt is the finest available, but there are some other excellent salts on the market). Some salts are made from evaporated seawater and contain dead plankton and other heavy organics that will foul the water from the beginning. Cheap salt is no bargain! For optimum results, use water prepared by reverse osmosis (particularly in mini-reefs), however dechlorinated tap water will work. The amount of Essential Elements needed depends on the amount of water changed regularly. If you do frequent water changes, then add Essential Elements every 2 weeks. If you do not, then add weekly.
2) Use Kent Marine Aquarium pH BUFFER or Superbuffer-dKH to maintain alkalinity at about 10 dKH (do not allow it to go below 8 and don’t exceed 12). This will provide proper pH stability, and still not cause heavy precipitation of important minerals, such as calcium and strontium.
3) For mini-reefs, the amount of calcium, strontium and iodine are not sufficient to supply their heavy use by living corals and other invertebrates. Use Kent Kalkwasser Mix, Concentrated Liquid Calcium, or Turbo-Calcium to supply needed calcium. Use Strontium and Molybdenum or Turbo-Strontium to provide heavy amounts of strontium. Kent Coral-Vite will supply rubidium, lithium, barium and other important minerals as well as essential vitamins to the reef. Coral-Vite and Essential Elements are designed to work together in a reef environment.
4) Use reverse osmosis water for topping off for evaporation.
5) Use this product regularly to maintain trace mineral levels which will be used by fish and algae and removed by carbon, resin, and pad filtration.
Inorganic mineral salts of aluminum, boron, bromine, calcium, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, lithium, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, potassium, selenium, sulfur, strontium, tin, vanadium, and zinc in a base containing deionized water and EDTA.
Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only! Not for fish used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!
+ Display More
- Display Less
(Posted on 11/10/12)
Comments: Excellent product. I use it in all my clients tanks as well as my personal tanks at home.
(Posted on 6/20/12)
Comments: i got my bottle of Kent Marine Essential Elements from Customer Service and might i say i love this stuff its an excellent product and saves time when u cant perform your water changes when u want just dose with this and it will replace your minerals your missing that u get from your water change it doses all the elements at one time so u don't have to have six different bottles if u don't want (unless u need to dose large amounts of a certain thing like calcium or iron) if your just needing a mineral top off this the product it wont let u done if u use it right thanks Customer Service for the low price and fast shipping james mccloud happy reefing everyone
(Posted on 8/6/10)
Comments: Used it for about 4 months and my corals look great
Kent Essential Elements
(Posted on 5/20/08)
Comments: This is a very balanced source of elements for the marine system. I use this product repeatedly in my FOWLR system since I grow macro algae in a refugium. The plants need it for a lush growth. However, some of the product is removed through skimming so allow it to thoroughly mix with the system water without skimming for an hour to reduce the initial removal to 'normal.'
(Posted on 2/7/08)
Comments: The pulsating zenya in my tank are growing at a rapid pace