1-888-9-WEBPETS
(1-888-993-2738)
Certified Seal
Dogs Cats Fish Birds Reptiles Small Pets Pond
Kent Marine Poly Ox Red Slime Remover 8 oz.
Click to Image Zoom

Kent Marine Poly Ox Red Slime Remover 8 oz.

In stock: Buy now and your order will ship the next business day

Item #: KM3333

MSRP: $7.19 Save: $0.24 (3%)
$6.95
Add to Wishlist

Quick Overview

Description: Poly Ox is an organic material oxidizer. It does not contain any algaecide. It assists in preventing growth of various cyanobacteria (commonly called red or blue-green slime algae) by simply removing their food sour...
Product Description
Reviews

Kent Marine Poly Ox Red Slime Remover 8 oz. Information

Product Manuals & Documentation

Part #: 00294

Description:
Poly Ox is an organic material oxidizer. It does not contain any algaecide. It assists in preventing growth of various cyanobacteria (commonly called red or blue-green slime algae) by simply removing their food source. It will oxidize leftover food, and dissolved and suspended organic matter. This will increase the water quality and provide a better environment for your fish and invertebrates!

Directions:
First Read Considerations for use below!
Freshwater: Add one dose only at 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) to 4 teaspoons per 10 gallons (40 liters) of system capacity depending on bio-load. Can be repeated at 7 day intervals.
Marine (reefs and fish-only systems): Add one dose in the morning and one dose in the evening of 3 drops (use an eye dropper) per 10 gallons (40 liters) of system capacity for up to 10 days [this is equivalent to 1/4 teaspoon (1/4 capful or 1.25 ml) in a 60 gallon tank, twice a day]. Carefully observe inhabitants each time. If invertebrates close up at all, then half the dosage and use longer if necessary. DO NOT EVER OVERDOSE! Product can be squirted, slowly, on affected areas using a plastic syringe, and this is sometimes faster and more effective. This method also doses the entire tank, as well. Do not use again until time to dose again and do not exceed the above recommended dosages overall.

Considerations for use:
Poly Ox is strong and should be handled with care! It stains skin and clothing! Tank water can temporarily be discolored. If used indiscriminately, Poly Ox can kill inhabitants, so follow the directions! Poly Ox must not be used on systems less than 30 days old or immediately after major water changes (>30%). There must be enough organic matter either dissolved or suspended in the water to necessitate treatment. While using, carefully observe inhabitants. If animals seem stressed, discontinue use immediately. If immediate termination of treatment is desired, a single dose of Kent Ammonia Detox in the same amount of the last addition of Poly Ox will deactivate this product. Wait 2 days after the addition of new animals to continue use. Do not use with chelated copper medications particularly Copper Power brand!

The marine method is completely safe for invertebrates and marine fish. This method takes time, so be patient! True algae will not be affected by Poly Ox. Continue running skimmers. Do not use with ozone, and wait 1 week after ozone use to apply. If you have a redox meter, do not exceed 460 mv! It is recommended that you suspend carbon or resin filtration during use. A large partial water change and a fresh charge of Kent Marine Reef Carbon is recommended at the termination of treatment. After carbon use, apply the appropriate Kent Essential trace mineral for your system.

Precautions:
If in eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes, including under lids. If ingested, give large quantities of water. CONTACT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY! Contact with skin stains, wash off immediately. Not for human consumption. Not for fish used for human consumption. For ornamental fish use only. Keep out of reach of children! Do not use with chelated copper medications particularly Copper Power brand!

+ Display More
- Display Less

Kent Marine Poly Ox Red Slime Remover 8 oz. Reviews

Average Reviews

Customer Reviews

poly ox red Product Review by DONALD TUMMINELLI (Posted on 2/26/14)
Rating
Excellent!

Comments: Well let me first say thank you to marine depot for the fst shipping it got here in two days .my tank has about 25 fish in it and this red slime was killing anything that was green .Fish were stressed and dying .My fish were like family to me so i called marine depot and they said to try this poly ox well with in two day of using it my red slime days were over now that i found this product im telling the worlod about it easy to use and really work ...Thank you

poly ox Product Review by MICHAEL DONATHAN (Posted on 12/21/07)
Rating
Excellent!

Comments: great - but the lid had a leak.

product Product Review by TAMMY RIEDLINGER (Posted on 7/9/13)
Rating
Great!

Comments: have used before with good success on black hairy algae Unable to find at local retailer

pretty good Product Review by KIRK (Posted on 7/15/09)
Rating
Great!

Comments: I have been keeping SW fish since 2001, this is the second time treating Red Slime. First time I used Blue Life, which worked great, the cyano was gone within 2 days, it did play havoc on the skimmer for quite a while though. The Kent was much slower to work, but did eventually take care of the slime, it took a good 10 days, and didn't effect the skimmer. I also noticed my live rock lost some color making me wonder how much benificial bacteria I lost with the Kent product. All in all I would use the Blue Life next time, but the Kent worked as well.

poly ox Product Review by GEORGE (Posted on 9/13/10)
Rating
Below Average

Comments: Dosage is in drops. It is a pour bottle?

I used it between doses of RX P as reccomended. I did not see any results.

Items Similar to Kent Marine Poly Ox Red Slime Remover 8 oz.