Kent Marine Super Iodide Information
Kent Marine Super Iodine Supplement provides bio-available iodine to reef inhabitants. Although present in salt mixes, iodine is rapidly used up in the system, and removed through protein skimming, ozone and filtration. Super Iodine Supplement supplies iodine needed for proper growth and health of invertebrates and algae. It contains a safe, stabilized form of iodine which will not destroy system bacteria, as some competing products will. It contains no organic forms of iodine which can pollute the system. Kent Marine Super Iodine Supplement is a proven performer!
Add 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) per 50 gallons (190 l) every week or 8 drops each day.
Considerations for use:
1) First use an excellent grade of synthetic marine salt (of course Kent Sea Salt is the finest available, but there are some other excellent salts on the market). Some salts are made from evaporated seawater and contain dead plankton and other heavy organics that will foul the water from the beginning. Cheap salt is no bargain! For optimum results, use water prepared by reverse osmosis (particularly in mini-reefs), however dechlorinated tap water will work.
2) Use Kent Marine Aquarium pH BUFFER or Superbuffer-dKH to maintain alkalinity at about 10 dKH (do not allow it to go below 8 and don’t exceed 12). This will provide proper pH stability, and still not cause heavy precipitation of important minerals, such as calcium and strontium.
3) Use Kent Kalkwasser Mix, Concentrated Liquid Calcium, or Turbo-Calcium to supply needed calcium. Use Strontium and Molybdenum or Turbo-Strontium to provide heavy amounts of strontium. Kent Coral-Vite will supply rubidium, lithium, barium and other important minerals as well as essential vitamins to the reef. Coral-Vite, Essential Elements and this product are designed to work together in a reef environment.
4) Use reverse osmosis water for topping off for evaporation.
5) Use this product regularly to maintain proper iodine levels, to replace that which will be used by fish and algae and removed by skimming, ozone, and filtration.
Deionized water, iodide salts, stabilizers.
Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only! Not for fish used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!
+ Display More
- Display Less
(Posted on 8/30/13)
Comments: Very happy with product. Inverts look very healthy!
Wouldn't be without it
(Posted on 5/29/09)
Comments: If there is one thing I've learned in my brief year and a half of being a marine aquarium owner is that iodine must be a regular part of aquarium care and health. My son and I have noticed that if we go too long without adding iodine things start to wither and die i.e. shellfish and certain corals. Kent Super Iodine has been a regular part of our aquarium care almost since the beginning and I couldn't think of a better more important chemical and nutrient to have at the ready!
great coral dip
(Posted on 5/12/09)
Comments: I have used Kent's Super Iodine since 92 when I first started reef tanks. Have never not used it. I dose my tanks 8 drops per 50gls everyday and when I frag zoanthids I dip them in to a straight solution and let them sit in the dry for 15-30 seconds before placing them back in the system. Always open within a couple hours and completely healed with a couple days. Awesome stuff. Also use it along with Flatworm exit to cleanse new zoas of any pests before placing them in my tanks.
(Posted on 1/31/09)
Comments: Everything that I have read says I need Iodine for my aquarium, then every pet store I went to sales Kent. I'm a beginner and want the best I can afford for my aquarium, which isn't very much just getting started. I really look into things before I buy them and every review about Kent was good. The price isn't bad at all. Buying online saves alot of money.
(Posted on 6/17/08)
Comments: This is one of the best values i found for the 16oz bottle. Im very happy with it, and it was at my door very fast!