The Kent Marine Super Iodide 16 Oz from Pet Store
is a supplement that will provide your aquatic animals, plants and rocks with the iodide elements they need to live and stay healthy in their artificial environment. Iodide presence is very important for marine life. Not only does it help get rid of the undesirable micro-organisms that lurk in your aquaria, but it can also help buffer the alkalinity and pH levels of the water in it. This product can help you do just that, better and quicker than other brands.
The product is created from a special formula that has a large amount of concentrated iodide. It does not contain any chemicals and additives that are harmful and poisonous to fishes
, plants, and corals, and it has no preservatives that can have a negative effect on the aquarium. The supplement is completely free from nitrate, silicates, and phosphates, as well. And the iodide particles are formulated to not decompose into iodine, which can harm your beloved pets.
With the Kent Marine Super Iodide 16 Oz, your aquatic pets will live in a better and healthier environment. The product comes in a plastic bottle with the instructions on how to apply it at the back. This supplement is for marine use only; keep out of reach of children.Description:
Kent Marine Super Iodine Supplement provides bio-available iodine to reef inhabitants. Although present in salt mixes, iodine is rapidly used up in the system, and removed through protein skimming, ozone and filtration. Super Iodine Supplement supplies iodine needed for proper growth and health of invertebrates and algae. It contains a safe, stabilized form of iodine which will not destroy system bacteria, as some competing products will. It contains no organic forms of iodine which can pollute the system. Kent Marine Super Iodine Supplement is a proven performer!
Add 1 teaspoon (1 capful or 5 ml) per 50 gallons (190 l) every week or 8 drops each day.
Considerations for use:
1) First use an excellent grade of synthetic marine salt (of course Kent Sea Salt is the finest available, but there are some other excellent salts on the market). Some salts are made from evaporated seawater and contain dead plankton and other heavy organics that will foul the water from the beginning. Cheap salt is no bargain! For optimum results, use water prepared by reverse osmosis (particularly in mini-reefs), however dechlorinated tap water will work.
2) Use Kent Marine Aquarium pH BUFFER or Superbuffer-dKH to maintain alkalinity at about 10 dKH (do not allow it to go below 8 and don’t exceed 12). This will provide proper pH stability, and still not cause heavy precipitation of important minerals, such as calcium and strontium.
3) Use Kent Kalkwasser Mix, Concentrated Liquid Calcium, or Turbo-Calcium to supply needed calcium. Use Strontium and Molybdenum or Turbo-Strontium to provide heavy amounts of strontium. Kent Coral-Vite will supply rubidium, lithium, barium and other important minerals as well as essential vitamins to the reef. Coral-Vite, Essential Elements and this product are designed to work together in a reef environment.
4) Use reverse osmosis water for topping off for evaporation.
5) Use this product regularly to maintain proper iodine levels, to replace that which will be used by fish and algae and removed by skimming, ozone, and filtration.
Deionized water, iodide salts, stabilizers.
Not for human consumption. For Aquarium/Ornamental fish use only! Not for fish used for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children!