Experience an easy way to keep your water clean and clear with the Kordon Amquel Plus +® Additive from Pet Store
. This is a special formula that removes harmful substances in your aquarium such as nitrate, nitrite, and all kinds of ammonia. It is usually utilized during water changes and fixing congested aquariums, ponds and other water structures. It is a convenient way of controlling toxic nitrogen compounds in the water.
The Kordon Amquel Plus +® Additive is a new way of conditioning your aquarium water to foster health, growth and vitality of your aquatic livestock. It removes harmful toxins from your aquarium water. It treats tap water added to your tank during water changes by effectively filtering chlorine, chloramines and ammonia and turns it into safe aquarium water. It amazing detoxifies the water without affecting the pH level, slowing down the nitrogen cycle or hindering the work of beneficial bacteria. It has a great way of eliminating toxic organics borne out of too much wastes from overstocked aquariums or ponds
. It even captures and removes harmful pheromones that are naturally released by fish and corals when they repel one another.
With the Kordon Amquel Plus +® Additive, you can have clean and clear aquarium water all the time with less frequency of water changes. It comes in a one-gallon tub where each ounce can treat sixty gallons of water.
- AmQuel Plus is nontoxic
- AmQuel Plus removes nitrite.
- AmQuel Plus removes all forms of ammonia.
- AmQuel Plus removes nitrite.
- AmQuel Plus removes nitrate.
- AmQuel Plus does not affect the pH.
- AmQuel Plus does not interfere with the beneficial nitrifying bacteria or their food sources.
- 1oz bottle - treats 60 gallons
Use AmQuel+ for water changes, overcrowded aquariums and ponds, the control of toxic nitrogen compounds commonly found in water while the nitrogen cycle is established., as well as afterwards as nitrogen compounds accumulate in the aquarium and pond water.
To avoid confusion it should be recognized that there are two products with the Amquel name - the original AmQuel and the recently improved product AmQuel+. AmQuel+ does all that AmQuel does and a significant number of additional tasks as well.PURPOSE AND BENEFITS:
AmQuel+ is the latest development in state-of-the-art water conditioning technology and is the next step beyond what the original AmQuel product does.
- Its purpose in treating tap water when water is added or water changes are made is to detoxify chlorine and chloramines and its components (chlorine and ammonia) and to make the water safe for aquatic life free of these lethal toxins.
- A primary purpose in aquariums and ponds is to protect aquarium and pond fishes and invertebrates by quickly eliminating (actually detoxifying) the harmful components of the biological nitrogen cycle - ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates without slowing the nitrogen cycle or interfering with the beneficial bacteria involved, or depriving these bacteria of their food.
- Also, in overcrowded aquariums and ponds where waste products from the fishes, etc., quickly collect, it can rapidly detoxify toxic organics.
- Another purpose is to detoxify organic compounds that accumulate in the aquarium and pond water over time, including noxious pheromones released by fish and aquatic invertebrates to signal and repel each other. This is specially important for reducing the frequency of needed water changes. Many larger freshwater and saltwater aquarium fishes release pheromones to establish territoriality and repel other fishes. This is particularly true in fresh water for cichlids and plectognath fishes (triggers, filefish, puffers, boxfish) in salt water.
Among AmQuel+ benefits are that it is easy to use and equally effective in fresh and salt water, and it does not affect the beneficial bacteria of the biological nitrogen cycle. AmQuel+ is compatible with all water conditioners and all Kordon medications and other medications on which it has been tested, and with all aquatic life - including live rock and reef tank inhabitants. Other benefits are that AmQuel+ does not affect pH (acidity and alkalinity), and does not discolor the water. AmQuel+ has a long indefinite shelf life expected to be many years.Note:
Amquel+ has an acerbic odor, but does not affect aquatic life, and the odor quickly disappears in use.
AmQuel+ is similar in its actions, but with a different formula, and will be described in greater detail when the patents pending are approved.SPECIFICATIONS:
Patents are pending for the formula and it is not available until the patents are approved.DOSAGE WITH LIQUID AMQUEL+ PRODUCTS:For control of chlorine alone
in public water supplies (e.g, tap water) add one teaspoon (5 ml) per 100 gallons of fresh or salt water to remove in excess of what is in public water supplies (public water supplies have less than 3 ppm chlorine).For all other purposes use measurements in proportion to a "Standard Dose" of AmQuel+
, which is one teaspoon (5 ml) per 10 gallons of fresh or salt water, or one liquid ounce (25 ml) per 60 gallons of water, or one cup (8 liquid ounces = 200 ml) per 480 gallons of water, or one pint (16 liquid ounces = 400 ml) per 960 gallons of water. For other measurements estimate the amounts needed, such as 1/4 teaspoon for 2.5 gallons of water, etc.To remove chloramines
(chlorine and ammonia combined) out of the tap from public water supplies add one Standard Dose (see definition above) to the water to break the bond between the chlorine and ammonia, to remove all the chlorine, and to remove all ammonia that may be in public water supplies. Only one dose is needed for removing all chloramines and their components from public water supplies.To control the toxic organic nitrogenous compounds of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate and other toxic organics that build up in aquariums and ponds from the excretion of body wastes by fishes, invertebrates, bacteria and other aquatic organisms
start with a
Standard Dose (see definition above). This Standard Dose will remove (detoxify) at least 1.2 mg/L (= approx.1,2 ppm) of all ammonia compounds, at least 2.0 mg/L (=2.0 ppm) of nitrites, and at least 13 mg/L (=13 ppm) of nitrates. We recommend only one standard dose per 24 hour period.
The removal of these compounds will happen within five minutes, or slightly longer for ammonia at a higher pH above 7.5. It is important to understand that the amounts of organic compounds removed may vary with differing water conditions. The amounts indicated above are the minimums that AmQuel will detoxify, and what is removed may be up to several times higher. Use accurate test kits to check how much of each compound is being removed when using multiple doses. Be aware that test strips may be insufficient to provide accurate readings; check liquid and powder reagents to be sure that they are not out-of-date.STABILITY:
So far as is known for this new formulation, AmQuel+ is stable indefinitely when stored in a cool, dark area away from heat and direct sunlight. Amquel+ should be kept tightly closed when not in use.
AmQuel+ is harmless to plants, fishes, invertebrates, and other aquatic life forms. This product is safe for use in aquariums and ponds and will not interfere with biological filtration or its bacteria. When AmQuel+ detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and other organic compounds, it breaks the links of molecules apart. The bacteria do not know the difference and eat the parts, just as they would the whole original compounds. AmQuel+ may affect the dyes in certain types of cotton fabrics. This happens for the same reason that Ammonia test ki