If you have decided to breed your aquarium fish and you only have one aquarium tank
, this could be quite a challenge to achieve. The first thing you need to do is to segregate your breeding fish (the fish you want to breed) from the other fishes in the tank. This could be as simple as putting a simple glass divider between the different chambers of the aquarium or putting a plastic membrane. Whatever options come to mind in terms of creating a barrier, you have to consider the following key factors to aquarium barriers:
1. It must not impede water flow.
- The water is the life-blood of your aquarium; freshly oxygenated water is what keeps your fish alive. If your barrier gets in the way of water transport inside the aquarium, your fishs health will suffer because of lower oxygen level. Food transport might be impeded as well.
2. The second factor to consider is durability.
- Some aquarium dividers are made from flimsy material or material that accumulates calcium or grime deposits quickly. Make sure that you use a durable divider so your aquarium sections are clear in order to easily see your fish. Its hard to monitor your fishs health when you cant see past the divider.
3. Finally, the aquarium barrier should be easy to install and remove.
- This consideration is never on the list of many aquarium owners that use permanent barriers for temporary usage. Permanent barriers could be quite a hassle to remove.
Thankfully, there is an aquarium barrier in the market that accommodates all these considerations. Lees aquarium Tank Divider 40 Breeder from Pet Store
is specially designed for segregating a breeding fish. Water flow is not impeded so your fish remain healthy, the barrier is clear so you can monitor your fishs health with no problem, and its easy to remove. So if youre looking for an effective tank divider for your breeders, try Lees aquarium Tank Divider 40 Breeder.
Lee`s Aquarium Tank Divider 40 Breeder 17X16 Create separate compartments in your aquarium, separate aggressive fish, an exclusive breeding area. Fits most 40 breeder/60 gal. tanksDimensions 17in x 16in