nowadays are made of acrylic instead of glass. Acrylic is cheaper and lighter compared to glass. It is also much easier to mold into different shapes, making uniquely-shaped tanks possible. It is also quite durable, unlike glass that can break easily. In terms of clarity, acrylic is at par with glass. However, one downside of acrylic is that it scratches easily. The beauty of an aquarium full of colorful fish and corals may be hampered by a scratched tank. Don`t let this happen to your aquarium! Make sure to use the Lifegard Aquatics Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit from Pet Store
The Lifegard Aquatics Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit can remove scratches from the surface of acrylic tanks through the process of sanding. Each kit comes with a crystal pad that is used to polish plastic. Crystal pads have been used for more than two decades within the aircraft business, so it is already proven to work. The crystals are abrasive, but only on scratches. A soft and thin material acts as a cushion to protect the unscratched acrylic.
Aside from the crystal pad, the Lifegard Aquatics Acrylic Scratch Removal Kit also comes with a small bottle of liquid polish, a sanding block, a flannel cloth.
Lifegard Aquatics Scratch Removal Kit
- Removes scratches from acrylic Aquariums.
- Crystal pad, the sanding material in this kit, has been used to polish plastic surfaces for over 20 years in the aircraft industry. The abrasive crystals are cushioned within a thin soft resilient material. This cushion allows the large abrasive crystals to recede into the soft material creating an even cutting plane.
- Can be used wet or dry.
- Removes scratches even under water!
- Includes 8 different progressive grades of crystal pads, sanding block, 3/4 oz. bottle of final polish liquid abrasive with anti-static agent and flannel cloth.
- Economical to use. Outlasts common abrasives up to 7 times in dry applications, and up to 15 times with wet applications.
- Restores your acrylic aquarium to its original new luster!