Majano Wand Aiptasia & Majano Eliminator Information
The Majano Wand takes a easy approach to removing Majano Anemones from your reef aquarium. It`s so fun and easy you will want Majano Anemones, just so you can destroy them!
The purpose of the Majano Wand is to eliminate Majano Anemones in hobbyist aquariums, as these Anemones are pests. Majano Anemones are pests because they harm fish and coral. Such pest Anemones that are inadvertently added to aquariums can multiply very quickly in closed aquarium system.
The Majano Wand does not kill by electrocution, there is never any electricity going into the water. The Majano Wand operates on the principal that when electricity is properly emitted into salt water it produces two gases. One of these gases is hydrogen, which is generated at the stainless steel tip. Hydrogen is the lightest element on earth, which converts into a gas when created, and the gas form of hydrogen is larger than the liquid size of salt water. When the probe of the Majano Wand touches the Majano tissue, it causes the water in the cells of the Majano to turn into hydrogen. These animals are mostly water so the Majano is forced to expand from the inside out at a rapid and drastic scale, which literally disintegrates any living Majano tissue instantly.
The Majano Wand operates on low voltage and will not shock you if your hand, or any part of your body, is in the water. However, care must be taken to ensure safety as the tip of the Majano Wand is sharp.
The entire Majano Wand (including the grey wire) can be submerged in water, but do not get the push button or power adapter wet.
We are proud to write that the Majano Wand was Invented, designed, tested and Manufactured in the USA!
**Please Note:** If the user does not fully kill the aiptasia by eliminating all the tissue on the first attempt, the remaining bits will regrow into another aiptasia.
- 1. Uncoil the wires and plug in the power supply. Carefully, remove the plastic cap on the tip of the Majano Wand.
- 2.Push the button, as you stick the needle in/out and on/over a Majano. Do Not Hold The Button Down when not touching a Majano.
- 3. Keep sticking the needle in/out and sliding it across the Majano, as it will only kill the parts of the Majano that touch the needle. After five or six insertions, the anemone should be all white and gooey looking.
- 4. If you see any tentacles or tissue still alive, just touch them/it with the needle while pushing the button. It is sometimes easier to slide the side of the probe along the Majano rather than stick it.
- 5. If you do not kill the entire animal it is possible for it to regrow in a short amount of time. White “goo” should float to the top when the Majano is dead, remove this goo. Repeat steps 2 and 3 when needed.
- 6. Don’t keep the button pushed continuously (we are not talking about a minute or two here, we are talking about a larger scale) as the device does emit some gases into the water. (see chart below) After an hour, you can use it again.
- 7. When finished, Run/Soak the tip in fresh water for a minute and dry completely.
- 8. Replace the cap and store in original box for safety.
Keep the device away from children and be very careful that you don’t stick anyone.
Remember, the rod is acrylic and very fragile, it can break, don’t bend it.
Always keep the push button and power adapter out of water.
The probe is dulled but still sharp, be careful.
Only use according to the directions.
Manufacturer`s Warranty: 6 months from date of purchase.
+ Display More
- Display Less
easiest clean up ever
(Posted on 3/26/14)
Comments: Far worth the investment! Exactly as described, works wonderfully!
(Posted on 2/26/14)
Comments: Excellent product. Works great if you use it right.
Take THAT you suckers!
(Posted on 2/26/14)
Comments: Hey! Just wanted to let you know the Majano Wand - O.M.G.! What a cool thing! I have hundreds of those gawd-dern aiptasia/majano/pain anemones that were sold to me as curley cue anemones - argh! I mean it was cute at first when I thought the curleys were multiplying, and FAST. Holy Smokes! Like overnight my tank became infested. I was so good last night that I could go into the center of one of 'em, zap it, spear it, and bring it up out of the water! I had a pile of that snot-like stuff on my glass top, but what a difference in my tank, already. Bummer you can't use it for more than like 10-12 mins per hour. I'd still be blasting those son of a guns away! And I'm not a violent person. I have a hard time pulling a tick off my dog. But these things - man oh man! I love the mini wand. I don't know how it could be done with the longer one. I'm able to turn over my rocks and zap those suckers. Cool product. Thanks!
Mini Majano Wand
(Posted on 2/26/14)
Comments: I have a 75 gal reef tank and decided to go with the mini majano wand and it works great. The long wand would have been too difficult to use in my tank. The mini is Easy to manuever into tight spaces. It must get all of the aptasia/majano or it will come back. I have tried copperbanded butterfly fish which worked well if you can keep them alive. I have had 4 over the years and only one lived a year or two. The other ones didn't last more than a couple of days. I had a file fish which worked great on aptasias, but also went after my soft corals like Duncans. The mini wand is a little pricey, but I would have been momey ahead if I had bought it first instead of the fish.
Science not magic.
(Posted on 2/20/14)
Comments: I have spent hundreds of dollar$ trying to protect my high dollar coral from aiptasia.Filefish and butterfly fish inevitably nip or destroy lps.Peppermint shrimp decimated my stylophoras.Aiptasia X with pumps off still floted into my war coral due to a fish swimming by...end result was 2 month slow death.Berghia are incredible,if they survive other critters in your tank and possible salinity changes.I passed by the wand at an expo thinking it was another novelty item.I should have purchased it then.As long as you can reach all parts of the anemone,this product works just as described.If it sucks back in the rock,come back and get it a few hours later.Thank you for acting upon your idea clever Mr. inventor.