Managing an aquarium
is no easy business. An aquarium demands a lot of time and attention. The logistics alone can stump a person and discourage him from setting up his own fish tank. After all, there are just too many things to consider - filtration, supplements, nutrition, oxygenation, CO2 supply, lighting, pH balance, temperature, etc. You better have a checklist and a timetable to keep everything organized.
Of course, there are ways to make life easier for an aquarist, and most of these ways come in the form of devices that automate some processes. One example of such a device is the Neptune Systems Apex AquaController PM1 PH or ORP, Temperature, I/O Expansion Box Pet Store
. This tool is a modular probe that checks for some important water conditions, such as temperature, pH balance, and salinity.
The good thing about this device is that it is simple to work out. Install it in your aquarium’s existing Apex system and voila! It works right away as a simple plug and play. You don’t need to do complicated configuration or connect intricate wires to make it work.
The Neptune Systems Apex AquaController PM1 PH or ORP, Temperature, I/O Expansion Box gives highly accurate and reliable readings, thanks to its ultra-sensitive probes.
The first expansion module, the PM1, with a pH or ORP, temperature, and 6 digital inputs. The PM1 features are:
- Monitor/Control pH or ORP, and temperature.
- 6 digital inputs for float switches, water on floor sensors, pressure sensors, etc.
- Full datalogging support in Apex Base module.
- Up to 240 AquaBus modules can be added to the Apex system.
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system.
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Led Status Indicator
- Upgradeable firmware.
- Compatible with Apex and Apex Lite systems.
- Galvanic Isolation for accurate and reliable probe readings.
- Comes with 3` AquaBus cable.