NextReef NXS1 skimmers feature a fully-sealed, recirculating design, perfect for internal or external use. That means they work as well in your sump as they do sitting next to it. It also means that they`re not picky about water level like many in-sump only models - like an infomercial oven, you can set it and forget it.
Big on performance. Skimmer performance comes down to three things: air, bubble quality and dwell time. NextReef NXS1 skimmers are big on all three, and it`s made possible by the recirculating design. Needlewheel pumps are great for aeraton, but do poorly when also tasked with feeding and maintaining the water level in an in-sump skimmer - the Sicce pump on the NXS1 is used exclusively for air introduction / recirculation, exactly what it does best. Every watt of power goes towards producing air, not wasted lifting water.
NextReef quality goes into every NXS1 skimmer. We have a reputation for overbuilding things, and these are no exception. Each NXS1 skimmer is hand-assembled in the USA, from heavy-gage components, precision machined on our in-house CNC equipment. They`re sturdy, they`re engineered well, and designed to withstand use by demanding hobbiests and commercial facilites alike.Features:
- Heavy Duty Contruction 1/2" thick flat stock and 1/4" wall acrylic tube. That`s double what most competitors use. They`re heavy, and built for serious use - nothing light or flimsy here...
- UniSeal fittings on the pump, inlet and outlet. We chose UniSeals because they`re durable - they flex instead of breaking, and provide a stronger interface than acrylic bonded to PVC. They`re watertight, and user-replaceable (Want to modify or reconfigure your NXS1? Go for it!). UniSeals also help isolate vibration and noise from pumps.
- Sicce PSK Recirculation Pumps. Sicce pumps are quiet, reliable, and low in power consumption. NXS1 skimmers are built around factory-tuned Sicce PSK pumps and NextReef`s custom venturi.
- Twist-off Cup Assembly. Machined from solid acrylic, all NXS1 skimmers feature an easy to use twist-lock neck. Collection cup maintenece is as easy as a quarter turn.
- Machined Trasition. Most skimmers use a thermoformed "transition" - the section where the body reduces down to the size of the neck. Because thermoformed transitions are the weakest point on a skimmer, the NextReef NXS1 series features transitions machined from 1" of solid cast acrylic. They look flat from the outside, but inside the transition is milled in a smooth, compound curve to efficiently concentrate the bubbles and waste into the neck.
- Integrated Silencer. Maximum air with minimum noise. They`re built heavy, too, and they`re easy to remove for cleaning.
- Recommended Tank Size: Up to 450 gallons (1700L)
- Height: 27.5" Overall Height (700mm)
- Footprint: 16" x 16" (410mm x 410mm)
- Reaction Chamber: 8" x 18" (205mm x 460mm)
- Power Consumption: 24w
- Air Intake: 950lph (max)
- Inlet / Outlet: 1/2" FNPT fitting (replaceable) / 1.25" slip PVC
- Suggested Water Flow (User supplied pump or gravity fed): 200-400gph (700-1400 l/hr)