An evolution from the MR1 Media/Substrate Reactors, NextReef SMR1 Solid Media Reactor from Pet Store
is a first of its kind, especially-designed media/substrate reactor intended for use in larger media.
Highly based on the standard quality of its predecessor, this solid media reactor will not let you down with its vital upgraded components.
The products body is specialized with a stronger and thicker cast blue acrylic compared to the brands previous tubing. Each reactor in the product line is hand-crafted in the United States and is CAD engineered to achieve precise fitting.
The special color of the product in translucent blue is ideal for bacterial growth. The color also aids in preventing light penetration in order to reduce algae. This assures product efficiency even in lighted sumps or other areas where light exposure may be a concern.
This easy to use, next generation reactor has a modified internal plenum assembly. The carefully designed media/substrate reactor is efficient with eliminating sponges to decrease maintenance concerns.
This new and improved product is suitable for larger fittings. Therefore, it allows greater water flow for an easier media fluidization especially for larger ones. For those who are using BioPellets and Zeolithic media, this product enhances system stability by reducing maintenance.NextReef Systems
assures you with master acrylic craftsmanship. With NextReef SMR1 Solid Media Reactor, you are sure to get your moneys worth!
Developed in conjunction with the US Distributor of NP BioPellets* , the NextReef SMR1 is the first media/substrate reactor specifically designed for long term use of larger media.
Evolved from our MR1 Media/Substrate Reactors, the NextReef SMR1 fills a specialized role while retaining the quality and ease of use you'd expect from a NextReef reactor.
Two sizes are available. The SMR1 is 16" tall overall, with a 14" reaction chamber, and the SMR1 XL is 23" overall with a 21" reaction chamber.
The NextReef SMR1 is based on our standard MR1 media/substrate reactors, but with some significant changes...
- Cast blue acrylic for the main body . Made specially for us, it's both thicker and stronger than our standard tubing. The translucent blue color also serves an important purpose - it keeps out light to reduce algae and opimize beneficial bacterial growth. They're great in lighted sumps, or anywhere light exposure is a concern.
- Modified internal plenum assembly. Our original design works great with sponges and small media - the SMR1 eliminates the sponges to reduce maintenance. Since BioPellets and Zeolithic media are designed for long term use, reducing maintainence fosters system stability .
- Higher flow rates and reduced head pressure . The SMR1 comes set up to use larger fittings than our original reactors, so it flows more water with less restriction . The NextReef SMR1 flows enough water to easily fluidize larger media.
The SMR1 features plenums laser-cut from 3/16" acrylic. They're thick, they're heavy, they're strong... and they flow great.
Every NextReef Reactor is hand-crafted in the USA from the highest quality materials, and CAD engineered / CNC cut for a precise fit.Specifications:
- Recommended Tank Size: 375 gallons Marine
- Height: 23" Overall Height / 21" Reaction Chamber (585mm / 535mm)
- Width: 6" Overall (150mm)
- Reaction Chamber: 21" x 4" (535mm x 100mm)
- Total Capacity: 230 cubic inches / 1.0 gallons / 127 fluid ounces / 3.8 litre
- Inlet / Outlet: 5/8" 90 Degree Barb Fittings - fits standard 5/8" ID tubing