- About PetStore.com
- Hours of Operation
- Terms & Conditions
- Career Opportunities
- Press, Awards & Designations
Placing an order at Petstore.com is simple, safe and secure. We offer a variety of ways to submit your order, including:
Internet: Petstore.com takes every precaution necessary to protect your privacy and personal information. When submitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) via our website, that information is collected, encrypted and protected by the best encryption technology available in the industry—SSL. Petstore.com uses 128-bit encryption by VeriSign, the most advanced form of SSL software presently available. To learn more about SSL, please visit www.verisign.com.
Telephone: Our knowledgeable staff of pet experts is on hand to answer your questions and accept your order when you are ready to make a purchase. You can reach our customer service team via telephone by dialing 1-888-9-WEBPETS (1-888-993-2738) Monday thru Friday from 7 AM to 6 PM PST.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Google Checkout
- International Credit Cards (Billing and Shipping Addresses must match.)
- PetStore.com Gift Certificates
- Wire Transfers
- Pre-paid Checks, Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders (make payable to Petstore.com). Please note that pre-paid methods, including cashier’s checks, take slightly longer to process. All payments must first be cleared with the bank in order to deter fraudulent activity.
We offer a huge selection of products from hundreds of different manufacturers, divided into several different categories. The easiest way to find anything on our site is to use our search feature. You can search by the name of the product, manufacturer, etc.
Whether you're searching for something in particular or just looking to discover a new product, we can help. Simply enter a few words into our search box on our home page, and we will show you all matching results. Another great way to use our site is to just browse around. Click on any of the categories to get started. You will notice you can even search by price range, etc. We hope you enjoy the ultimate in online shopping experiences and want you to know we value every person coming to Petstore.com.
We offer quite possibly the lowest prices on the products in our store. We constantly work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. All prices are listed in U.S. dollars. (We do not have a currency converter in our store, but several Web sites provide this service. Any order placed on Petstore.com will be charged in U.S. dollars.)
If you think our pricing for a particular item isn't competitive with that of other online retailers, you can notify us by emailing [email protected].
In certain instances, Petstore.com will not lower our prices. Some instances where we will not lower our prices are as follows:
- Competitor’s product is not an exact match (make and or model) with ours.
- Competitor’s total price (which includes shipping, handling, rebates, taxes, etc.) is higher.
- Competitor with the lowest price is out of stock.
- Competitors product is refurbished, reconditioned, etc.
- Product is a closeout or clearance item(either at our site or the competitors)
- Competitor is not manufacturer authorized.
Except where noted, the MSRP displayed for products on our website represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, or estimated in accordance with standard industry practice. The MSRP is a comparative price estimate and may or may not represent the prevailing price in every area on any particular day.
- Locate the product(s) you'd like to purchase.
- Click the Add to Cart button for the appropriate item.
- Once all of the items you'd like to purchase are added to your cart, click on the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- Log In to you personalized PetStore.com account or select Guest Checkout to continue.
- Fill out the appropriate Billing and Shipping Information, Select of form of payment. Click the "Checkout" button.
- You're done! Print the following page as your invoice or add a password if you'd like us to create an account for you.
You will receive an order confirmation within minutes of placing your order. If you did not receive an order confirmation via email even though you clicked the submit order button, we recommend that you contact us via email at [email protected] or call us at 1-888-9-WEBPETS (1-888-993-2738) to confirm that we received your order.
We know tracking your packages is important. That's why we send your tracking number(s) via email the day your order ships. You can track your packages on our website (just sign into your account and click on the order) or through the UPS website. If you ordered as a guest, you can still track your packages on our website. You'll just need your order number and email address handy. If you have any questions or have trouble tracking your order, our friendly customer support team is happy to help you. Just give us a call at 1-888-993-2738 or send us an email and we'll get you all squared away.
We do everything possible to keep you informed of your order via email. Tracking numbers are sent via email once they are available. The emails are usually sent on the evening of your order ship date. On the rare occasion that you do not receive this information, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 1-888-9-WEBPETS (1-888-993-2738) for your order status or tracking number.
Cancelling an Order
We begin processing orders immediately after they are placed on our website. If you need to cancel an order before it ships from one of our warehouses, please call 1-888-993-2738 within 5-10 minutes of placing the order. We will make every effort to honor your cancellation request. If your order has already entered the shipping process, unfortunately we would be unable to grant a cancellation request. Shoppers usually appreciate how quickly we process and pack orders. However, we understand this can be frustrating should you decide to cancel an order before it ships and are informed it’s too late. Don’t worry, though: you can request a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) within 60 days of the date your order ships and send the item back to us for a refund with no restocking fee. To make returning merchandise easy, you can print out a pre-paid Fedex return shipping label during your RMA application. You pay nothing up-¬front—the cost of return shipping would be deducted from your refund. You can also send the item back to us using the shipping courier of your choice. One last note: if you place an order with us and refuse delivery, we will charge your original method of payment (your credit/debit card or PaylPal account, for example) a 25% restocking fee. The reason we do this is because the shipping courier charges us the return shipping costs if you refuse the delivery.
The availability on each item's product page refers only to how long it will take that item to leave our warehouses once you place your order. It does not include the time your order will take to reach you once we ship it. Shipping time depends upon the carrier who is shipping your product and shipment method. The following is a list of the several types of availability estimates you might see for items in our stores.
- Usually ships in 24 hours: we expect to ship your order within 24 hours of your order. Because these items often enter the shipping process immediately, it is difficult to modify an order containing items that usually ship in 24 hours. When ordering such items, please double-check the details of your order before submitting it.
- Usually ships in 2-3 days: we expect to receive the item from our vendors and ship it to you within 2 to 3 days of your order.
- Usually ships in 1-2 weeks: we expect to receive the item from our vendors and ship it to you within 1 to 2 weeks of your order.
- Back Ordered: our vendors are unable to predict when they will have more of your product in stock, but we hope to be able to ship it to you within 3 to 5 weeks.
- Limited availability: This means the product you have chosen to purchase has a very limited stock available. We will inform you by e-mail if any items in your order prove to be unavailable.
On frequent occasions Petstore.com will have great promotional offers available. When taking advantage of one, be sure to read the entire list of restrictions associated with that promotion. If your order does not seem to reflect all the benefits mentioned in the promotion, you may want to review the specific promotion's restrictions. To qualify for a specific promotion, your order must be placed during the specified promotion period. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of a promotional offer.
If you feel you may have duplicated your order, call us immediately at 1-888-9-WEBPETS (1-888-993-2738). Due to the number of orders we receive, we may not catch the duplicate order and both orders may be shipped if we are not informed.
International orders are processed and shipped a bit differently than orders sent within the contiguous United States. Please reference the shipping table below and continue reading afterward for terms, conditions and general things to keep in mind.
|Location||USPS||International Express||International Standard|
|Canada||N/A||2-5 Business Days||3-5 Business Days|
|Alaska, Hawaii||N/A||2-3 Business Days (2nd Day)|
1-2 Business Days (Next Day)
|3-5 Business Days|
|Puerto Rico||N/A||1-3 Business Days||3-5 Business Days|
|Other Countries||N/A||2-5 Business Days||N/A|
International customers may purchase from PetStore.com using Visa, MasterCard, American Express Discover and PayPal for orders up to $1000. Any brokerage fees, tariffs and/or taxes will be billed to you directly by the shipping courier. International customers placing their first order with us must fax or email a copy of the front and back of their credit card along with a copy of a photo ID that has the billing address printed on it. This is a precautionary measure to protect you and our company from fraudulent activity.
International customers must use the same billing and shipping address. If you are an international customer and would like your order sent to an alternate address, you must first contact your credit card company and request that they add the alternate shipping address to their records or you can pre-pay for the order using PayPal or a bank wire transfer. All first-time international orders over $1000 must be paid via bank wire transfer. We will email you the wire transfer information after you’ve placed the order.
Drop-ship and special ordered merchandise can require an additional 3-4 weeks for delivery. Overweight and/or oversized merchandise may be subject to additional shipping charges. Some products are available in 220/240V configurations; please contact us for pricing and details.
Customers are solely responsible for any shipping charges incurred when sending back defective merchandise including but not limited to brokerage fees, taxes and tariffs. Warranties for some products are handled directly by the manufacturer. Please click here for details.
NOTE: Please contact your country’s Customs Department for current regulations regarding the importation of the items you intend to order. Some countries require you to obtain a permit before importing certain products, such as foods, additives and test kits. All orders and portions thereof returned to PetStore.com will be considered refused packages and automatically assessed a 25% restocking fee.