Nothing makes an aquarium come alive than aquatic plants. They make your aquarium look more natural. Not everyone can afford a reef aquarium that has corals and reef organisms; in alternative, aquatic plants is a more accessible decorative accessory for your aquarium. However, keeping plants in an aquarium can pose several challenges:
- 1. You have to keep your plants healthy. Also, be ready for the possibility that your plants might die. If your plants die, during their decomposition, chemical are released in the water and might pollute the water quality of your aquarium. This might become a health risk, so make sure that your filter can handle this possibility.
- 2. Have the right equipment to accommodate aquatic plants. It's not just a matter of flopping down plants into your aquarium like you would a plastic toy, tt's not that easy. Plants need to synthesize light to create food. This is the true for land based plants and it's true for algae as well. They need light to synthesize food and that is where the challenge is. They don't need just any type of light; it has to have specific spectrum of light that filters through the water and can be absorbed by the plant. Invest in the proper lighting for your aquatic environment if you plan to keep your aquatic plants healthy.
- 3. The third element that you need to keep in mind is; while your pets can probably metabolize some of the organic waste your fish dumps into the water, depending on the bacterial mix of your aquarium, this organic decomposition might not produce the right type of nitrogen based compounds that your plant can absorb. This is a problem because you would have to directly apply fertilizer to your plants for them to get the proper plant food that they need.
Thankfully, there are products in the market today that can help you do this like the Pondcare® Aquatic Potted Plant Food Fertilizer. The Pondcare® Aquatic Potted Plant Food Fertilizer from Pet Store
helps you fertilize your aquatic plants.
It's very easy to apply and very convenient. Just apply these tablets into your aquarium water and once it dissolves; the chemical composition of the fertilizer and the macro nutrients it has allows for your water lilies, algae and other aquatic plants to bloom. This food fertilizer even has nutrients that allow for flower formation. Ideally this is perfect for water lilies, water lotuses and aquatic iris varieties. If you're looking to fertilize your pond or your large aquarium, check out Pondcare® Aquatic Potted Plant Food Fertilizer tablets today.
- Contain macronutrients and essential trace elements.
- Continuously releases plant food tablets
- Great for water lilies, lotus, and iris
- Designed to be placed directly into the soil of potted plants
PondCare® Aquatic Potted Plant Food Fertilizer (25 Tablets)Provide essential nutrients and trace elements needed by pond plants to ensure non-stop blooming. Tablets contain iron for lush, green growth and boron to promote flower formation. Keeps water lilies blooming all season long. Stimulates lush foliage and beautiful blooms of all aquatic pond plants (hardy & tropical plants and marginal and bog plants).