In this digital age of the Internet, fast computers, and handy gadgets, it only makes sense that even aquarium equipment gets an upgrade. Gone were the days when you had to squint at a thermometer to check the temperature of your water tank. Now, you can look at the digital display for the exact reading. Goodbye, guessing games!
The Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller from Pet Store has a digital display from which you can easily read off the measurements. The readings of the built-in thermometer with a remote sensor are reliable and precise. That's great, but it's not the best thing about it.
The Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller is not just a reader - it's also a regulator. You can use this device to bring your tank's temperature to an ideal level for your pet fish, corals and plants. Once at that level, this device keeps the measurement that way for as long as you have set it to. This eliminates frequent changes in the temperature, which is a good thing because frequent fluctuations can be a cause of stress for fish if not managed right away. Stress in fish leads to disease, something you want to avoid - and you can do that with the Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller.
Pro-Heat D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller
Conversion Fahrenheit and/or Celsius:
- Max safe output: 800 watt
- 2-Seperate digital display (water temperature / set temperature)
- Dual scale display (°F or °C)
- Precision (±1.8°F / ±1°C)
- Control range (32°F to 104°F / 0°C to 40°C)
- Auto electronic control
- Ideal for aquarium, pond, electro-plating, industrial field
- Push up button once to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius or push up button again to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
How To Set Temperature:
- Water temperature will be shown automatically with Fahrenheit when green light indicates °F or with Celsius when green light indicates °C
- Push set button for a few seconds until set temperature display begins blinking of numerals continuously
- Set temperature by pushing up button or down button. Each button push will either increase or decrease temperature by 1 degree increment
- After setting temperature desired push set button once again. Note that automatic "SET" temperature has been fixed at 78 °F (20°C)ON/OFF Indicator Light
- ON/OFF indicator light will be red until desired set temperature is reached when an actual water temperature is lower than set temperature.
- When desired `SET` temperature is reached, the ON /OFF indicator will not be illuminated.
- If water temperature drops below desired `SET` temperature, the heater will automatically turn on to heat water (ON /OFF indicator light will be red)
- For the automatic heater to regulated water temperature to the desired `SET` temperature, the heater must remain plugged into a wall outlet with electrical power
- Note that converting `SET` temperature from °C to °F will create a 1F reading discrepancy with water temperature readingSpecifications:
- Temperature control range: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Temperature measurement range: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Precision: ±1°C (±1.8°F)
- Voltage:115 volt, HZ: 60 HZ, Amps: 10A
- Max. Load: 800 watt
- Temperature display: 3 digit (display down to one place of decimal)
- Setting temperature display: 3 digit (not display down to one place of decimal)
- Sensor (probe) cord length: 6 feet
- Indicator light: heater ON / OFF (ON is red light)
- Conversion of reading in °C or °F: Green light
- Resolution for water temp: 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Resolution for set temp: 1°C / 1°F
Available Heating Elements
- Avoid an excessive temperature, humidity, shock and direct sunlight. When switching on the electric power after power is off, make sure your set temperature has been changed or not. This controller`s automatic set temperature has bee fixed at 78°F (26°C)
- Keep the controller away from the high voltage or motor
- Temperature controller can be used to adjust water temperature of reef tanks. Ensure that any metal Halide lamp is positioned at least one foot (30 cm) above the tank surface. Metal Halide lighting position is very crucial during summer months because the lamp will continually heat water even after the heater has automatically shut off after reaching set water temperature. The Metal Halide lamp continually contributes to the heating process through its fluorescent lighting. It is advisable to adjust light output with a dial or digital temperature control unit.
Caution For Heating Elements
- Unbreakable Titanium Heating tube
- Chemical resistance of titanium is very good service (no effect-excellent) against sodium chloride (NaCl) - SALTWATER
- Fully submersible
- Heating tube can be positioned in either a vertical or horizontal position in the water.
- Fully submerse heating element into water. Never expose any portion of the heating element to air. The exposed portion of heating element may burn out and
Won Brothers, Inc. is an innovative company which manufactures, imports, and exports only the highest quality products and accessories for the aquarium industry. They have proudly been offering affordable, quality aquarium and pond products to the industry. Their goal is to provide quality assurance to our customers. At Won Brothers, Inc. they consistently develop new products which makes caring for aquariums and ponds a more enjoyable experience. They also import select items which meets or exceeds our high expectations of quality and performance. All of their products are tested in a laboratory like setting before it is offered on the market.
Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller
Posted: 11/29/2010 from LITTLETON, CO UNITED STATES
Worked fine for the first year held settings ok. Came home one day to find my tank looking strange I put my hand on the glass and it was hot to the touch! I look at the setting and it changed the set point to 110. I put a probe in and my water was at 88 so I pulled the canopy up and put some fans to cool it back down. I had some bleaching but everything did come back. DON’T BUY THIS IT WILL LET YOU DOWN.
12 of 14 People found this review helpful, did you?
won brothers products
Posted: 8/1/2010 from HAMBURG, NY UNITED STATES
The controller or sensor went haywire. I started getting tempature readings bouncing all over the place. The unit was great for about a year and a half and that was it. It's shot and ready for the garbage. Kind of expensive to last such a short time.
9 of 9 People found this review helpful, did you?
Worked a while
Posted: 3/29/2010 from SPOTSYLVANIA, VA UNITED STATES
This unit kept me happy for about a year, then I looked at the teparature and it said it was 84 deg F (set for 75 deg F). I was concerned and noticed it claimed 91 deg F a few hours later. I began looking for a clogged pump or other problem and finally stuck a thermometer in the tank to find it at 76 deg F. The sensor has gone bad and cannot be replaced.
8 of 8 People found this review helpful, did you?
Temp Sensor Problems
Posted: 7/23/2009 from LOVELAND, CO UNITED STATES
Have had this d58 controller for 1.5 years, and the temp sensor was off 1.5 degrees when I bought it. Still within there specs. Now the temp is 9 degrees off. Clean the probe, nothing helped. Unit is basically shot. Can't replace the probe.
17 of 17 People found this review helpful, did you?
Won Brothers temp controller
Posted: 4/4/2009 from GRANTS PASS, OR UNITED STATES
Other than recieving it with the default temp setting of 96*f and being a whole 4*f off on the temp sensor, it seemed ok. Oh ya, is it normal for it to kick on the heater at almost a full degree below what you set it at and kick off almost a full degree above? We'll see if the second one works better.
21 of 21 People found this review helpful, did you?