Max S-650 Complete Reef System - BLACKTotal Reefkeeping Solution
The Max S-Series is an innovative plug & play, complete, full size coral reef aquarium system. It is designed to allow you to focus on the beauty and diversity of your own piece of coral reef, rather than worrying about component selection, suitability and compatibility.Max S-Series aquariums are fully equipped with everything you need including features such as ultra clear glass, reef spec lighting and filtration, customizable fascia and a one-plug control panel.
Choosing the Red Sea MAX S-Series will make reefkeeping easier than ever before.Customized systems
Make your Max S unique by choosing from a variety of six modern colors. The cabinet side panels and doors are attached to a marine spec aluminum frame and are not load bearing so they can be replaced at any time, allowing renovation or a complete color change on a functioning aquarium. This feature combined with the replaceable trim on the light and aquarium will add a significant resale value to the MAX S-Series.All external surfaces use weather resistant polyurethane paints (similar to those used in the car industry) giving an elegant and durable finish.Elegance and durability combined
MAX S-Series aquariums are constructed from 12 - 15mm ultra clear (low iron) glass supported by saltwater resistant plastics and a marine spec anodized aluminum frame. Designed for simple home assembly, all of the gluing, sawing and wiring has already been done for you.The saltwater-resistant color trim around the top and bottom of the aquarium is long-lasting and can be replaced at any time should a different color scheme be preferred.Sophisticated, Upgradeable Lighting System
The unique MAX S-Series slide & swivel lighting system consists of three individually switched lighting units.
The identical front and rear 4 x T5 units are hinged to the lighting chassis that slides across the top of the aquarium providing total access for all maintenance and reefscaping tasks.
The centre unit has an additional 2 x T5 lights and LED moonlights. Additional configurations for the centre unit will be available in the future.
Changeable front and side color trim panels match the aquarium and cabinet. A dual timer lighting controller is included as part of the complete system controller in the cabinet.Total Reef Filtration
The complete reef filtration system starts with the surface skimmer that feeds the water to the in-cabinet sump via a flow-regulated, silent flow downpipe. The filtered water is returned to the aquarium by a main system pump that also supplies water to all of the filtration systems such as the protein skimmer, an optional chiller and/or reactors.
Connection between the aquarium and sump is via standard union connectors so no plumbing is required.
The MAX S-System is supplied with the main system pump, C-Skim 1800 protein skimmer, mechanical and carbon filtration media and all piping including preparation to connect a chiller and auxiliary reactors.Integrated Power Centre
The MAX S-Series filtration system follows the one-plug MAX concept and features a power control centre with easy access to 10 individually switched power sockets for all pumps, and other accessories, safety protected with integrated circuit breakers.
MAX S Model
- Specification: 650
- System water volume: Combined aquarium and sump 650 L (175 gal)
- Aquarium volume: Display tank with rear circulation pump chamber 560 L (150 gal)
- Filtration sump volume: Glass sump with preparation for auxiliary reactors or refugium 90 L (25 gal)
- Aquarium glass thickness Ultra clear front and side panels: 15 mm ( 5/8”)
- Surface skimmer: Built in suface skimmer on full width of aquarium
- Lighting system: 3 individually operated units on a slide & swivel chassis for easy reefscaping
- Lighting – standard configuration: 10 x T5 (5 x 10,000K + 5 x actinic) + LED moonlights 800W
- Lighting control: 2 x timers for staggered on/off
- Total circulation l/h (gph) Sump return + hidden: individual 2,000 l/h (530 gph) circulation pumps 15000 (3970)
- Main system pump l/h (gph): Sump return + feed to skimmer / chiller / reactors 9000 (2400)
- Protein skimmer - C-Skim 1800 800 l/h (210 gph) air flow – 1800 l/h (480 gph) water flow (PSK aspirator)
- Integrated power center: 10 individually switched sockets for pumps and accessories
- Integrated water top up system: Easy-access storage tank with in-sump float valve 38 L (10 gal)
- Mechanical filtration: Low density sponge filer media
- Chemical filtration: 600g (20 oz.) high grade phosphate-free activated carbon
- Cabinet frame: Marine spec anodized aluminum profile
- Cabinet external: Weatherproof Polyurethane painted MDF doors & panels
- Cabinet Internal: Waterproof sump compartment, dedicated chiller compartment
- External dimensions (inch): Height: 66”, Width: 28”, Length 64”