Nitrite is harmful to fish and other marine inhabitants
. The Salifert Nitrite Test Kit from Pet Store
is definitely your fastest and easiest way to measure nitrite content in your aquarium water. This liquid test kit gives accurate results which are easy to read. It comes with a clear colorchart which helps a lot in reading the result and in determining nitrite level present in water. This nitrite test kit is ideal for new tanks and mature aquariums.
The Salifert Nitrite Test Kit is very easy to use. It has complete detailed instructions so you can properly use the product. You can buy this kit at a very affordable price. It is convenient to use because a kit is good for 60 nitrite tests. It can be used for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums with the same reliable performance. The Salifert Nitrite Test Kit is an outstanding liquid test kit that will never fail you in anyway because it is made of high quality materials which make amine interference unlikely to happen.
Create a healthy marine environment and make your fish and other marine creatures free from the harmful effects of nitrite. Make your first step by using the Salifert Nitrite Test Kit. Try it today!Salifert Nitrite Profi-Test
- In a properly cycled aquarium, nitrite is converted to nitrate and then, if there are areas deprived of oxygen such as in live rock and other filter materials, this nitrate is converted back to nitrite and then transformed into harmless nitrogen gas.
- If this cycle breaks down then nitrites, which are extremely toxic to fish and invertebrates, can form in high concentration.
- Many nitrite test kits suffer from interference caused by amines e.g. naturally occurring and essential amino acids. This can result in a too low measured value, especially when the nitrite concentration is relatively low.
- Because of its unique formulation, the Salifert Test Kit does not suffer from amine interference, and offers full color development within one minute. Also, the color is very intense making the detection of even minute traces of nitrite easy.
- The test kit has two different scales: an ultra-low scale for nitrite-nitrogen which ranges from 0.002 - 0.12 mg/L, and a medium scale for nitrite-nitrogen which ranges from 0.02 - 1.2 mg/L.
- Sufficient for 50 tests.
- Can be used for marine water, frewshwater and garden pond water
The temperature of the water has to be above 18C or 64F otherwise the complete color will not develop within 60 seconds. If the water temperature is below the above mentioned values then allow the water in the test tube to acclimate at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to testing.Warning!
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Not for consumption. If swallowed contact a physician immediately. In case of contact with skin wash with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes, wash eyes immediately with of water and contact a physician immediately.Instructions:
- Add with the syringe 1ml of water in the test vial.
- Add to 1 level spoon of the NO2 powder. Swirl the contents of the test tube gently for 20 seconds. Allow to stand for 3 minutes.
- Place the open test vial on top of the color chart on a part of the chart which is whiteand compare the colors looking from the top. Read the corresponding nitrite content. An intermediate color corresponds to an intermediate nitrite content.
The nitrite values are in ppm nitrite. If you prefer a reading in ppm Nitrite-Nitrogen then multiply the reading by 0.3 or use the table given below.
After your aquarium or garden pond has cycled you will need a much higher sensitivity. This is easily accomplished by looking through the side when comparing colors. Hole the test tube with its side against a white piece of color chart. The readings have to be divided by 10. In this way you will be able to detect 0.01 ppm as nitrite or 0.003 ppm as nitrite-nitrogen easily.