You can literally make waves within the confines of your aquarium by using the Sea Swirl 1 Inch Wave Maker from Pet Store
. This is an ideal equipment, which will make up for the shortcomings of the power heads and pumps, which may be limited when it comes to providing your protein skimmers and refugium a fresh supply of water several times a day. This device is meant to be set up above your tank, along with all your other filtration devices.
The sole responsibility of this device is to propel liquid toward the entrance of your filtration gadgets every minute. It uses a rotating motion to create a wave that has a height of an inch across the entire distance of your tank. It is known for its ability to establish a constant circulation of water with a flow rate of 850 GPH. This is actually good for your fish and coral life, since they will be getting the nutrients that they need from the water.
While the movements of this device are sudden and forceful, the Sea Swirl 1 Inch Wave Maker makes it a point not to disturb your fish
, particularly the ones that love to swim toward the surface. In fact, its operations mimic the natural waves of the ocean. This is definitely a great tool to have, just to make sure that your aquarium water is being filtered thoroughly.
Learn more on the MarineDepot Blog: Sea Swirl: Q&A with Ed Schleinkofer
- Oscillates the return from your existing pump or canister filter 90 degrees every 60 secs.
- Operates with any pressure.
- Improved circulation - stimulates growth and carries nutrients to corals and plants.
- Eliminates use of powerheads
- Sits on top frame of tank - built in bracket to fit all aquariums.
- Compact (5" x 7" x 2½")
- Energy efficient (4W) motor is UL Listed and CSA Certified
- Max Flow Rate: 1150 gph