- About PetStore.com
- Hours of Operation
- Terms & Conditions
- Career Opportunities
- Press, Awards & Designations
This is one area Petstore.com takes extremely serious. We use Secure Servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) transmission to secure orders from our customers. This enables us to encrypt any data sent to our web server, and in turn our server will encrypt any data sent back to your web browser. This is the highest level of encryption available to the general public. Our online shopping cart uses VeriSign Digital IDs (SSL Secure Certificate) exclusively. Your security is a top priority for us.
What is CVV2? Card Verification Value 2
For Visa, Discover and MasterCard the CVV2/CVC2 is a three-digit security code that is printed on the back of cards. The number appears in reverse italic at the top of the signature panel at the end. For American Express cards, the CID is a four digit number on the front of the card. This program helps validate that a genuine card is being used during a transaction. All MasterCard cards, both credit and debit, were required to contain CVC2 by January 1, 1997; all Visa cards must contain CVV2 by January 1, 2001.
What does CVV2, CVC2 & CID stand for?
CVV2: “Card Verification Value 2”, CVC2: “Card Validation Code 2” & CID: “Card Identification Number”
How does it work?
Card-not-present merchants are being directed to ask cardholders for CVV2/CVC2 when cardholders place orders. Merchants ask the cardholder to read this code from the card. The merchant then asks for CVV2/CVC2 verification during the authorization process. The issuer (or processor) validates the CVV2/CVC2 and relays the decline/approve results during the authorization process. Merchants, by using the CVV2/CVC2 results along with the Address Verification Service (AVS) and authorization responses, can then make more informed decisions about whether to accept transactions.
Safety and Security Tips
Petstore.com is extremely concerned about the safety and security of our customers. With this being said, we have put a number of security tips together for you to follow when shopping on the internet:
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online visit with Petstore.com.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters--a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.