Package includes Two Little Fishies KW (Kalkwasser) Reactor 300 and TLF Peter Wilkens Kalkwassar 1lb. Two Little Fishies KW (Kalkwasser) Reactor 300
The KW Reactor™ 300 creates saturated kalkwasser solution every time the feed pump is switched on to replenish evaporated water. Gentle mixing is achieved with a rotating sprinklerhead that is “powered” by the pressurized water feedTechnical Data
Two Little Fishies Peter Wilkens Kalkwassar 1lb
- Capacity: Use with up to a maximum of 1 cup calcium hydroxide.
- Aquarium Size: One reactor for aquariums up to 300 gallons (1135 Liters).
- Recommended Pump Size: ca. 200 - 300 gal/hr (760 - 1140 L/hr). The pipes automatically reduce the flow to a small stream.
- Connection for Hoses: 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) i.d. The inlet and outlet flexible 90° fittings rotate to suit your installation.
- Approximate size: height: 15.25", width: 5". reactor diamater: 4"
"Kalkwasser" is the German term for limewater, a saturated solution of calcium hydroxide in water. Over twenty years ago, Peter Wilkens developed and described the proper methods for administering this solution to marine aquariums to replenish calcium and maintain alkalinity, benefiting corals, clams, and calcareous algae that build skeletons, shells, and crusts from calcium carbonate. Further benefits of this solution are that it helps maintain aquarium pH and precipitates phosphates. It also reacts with fatty acids and other organic compounds, and this plus a naturally boosted pH enhances protein skimming. It thus promotes a cleaner, healthier aquarium environment. For optimal results use kalkwasser and Wilkens` CombiSan, a supplement that replenishes iron, iodine, strontium, molybdenum, all essential trace elements, and micronutrients. Do not mix CombiSan and kalkwasser in a dosing reservoir! Add them to the aquarium separately as directed. Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. For aquarium use only. Not for use with fish raised for human consumption. 1 lb. bottle.