In this digital age of the Internet, fast computers, and handy gadgets, it only makes sense that even aquarium equipment gets an upgrade. Gone were the days when you had to squint at a thermometer to check the temperature of your water tank. Now, you can look at the digital display for the exact reading. Goodbye, guessing games!
The Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller from Pet Store
has a digital display from which you can easily read off the measurements. The readings of the built-in thermometer with a remote sensor are reliable and precise. That`s great, but it`s not the best thing about it.
The Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller is not just a reader - it`s also a regulator. You can use this device to bring your tank`s temperature to an ideal level for your pet fish
, corals and plants. Once at that level, this device keeps the measurement that way for as long as you have set it to. This eliminates frequent changes in the temperature, which is a good thing because frequent fluctuations can be a cause of stress for fish if not managed right away. Stress in fish leads to disease, something you want to avoid - and you can do that with the Won Brothers D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller. Pro-Heat D-58 LED Digital Display Temperature Controller
- Max safe output: 800 watt
- 2-Seperate digital display (water temperature / set temperature)
- Dual scale display (°F or °C)
- Precision (±1.8°F / ±1°C)
- Control range (32°F to 104°F / 0°C to 40°C)
- Auto electronic control
- Ideal for aquarium, pond, electro-plating, industrial field
Conversion Fahrenheit and/or Celsius:
- Push up button once to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius or push up button again to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Water temperature will be shown automatically with Fahrenheit when green light indicates °F or with Celsius when green light indicates °C
How To Set Temperature:
- Push set button for a few seconds until set temperature display begins blinking of numerals continuously
- Set temperature by pushing up button or down button. Each button push will either increase or decrease temperature by 1 degree increment
- After setting temperature desired push set button once again. Note that automatic "SET" temperature has been fixed at 78 °F (20°C)ON/OFF Indicator Light
- ON/OFF indicator light will be red until desired set temperature is reached when an actual water temperature is lower than set temperature.
- When desired `SET` temperature is reached, the ON /OFF indicator will not be illuminated.
- If water temperature drops below desired `SET` temperature, the heater will automatically turn on to heat water (ON /OFF indicator light will be red)
- For the automatic heater to regulated water temperature to the desired `SET` temperature, the heater must remain plugged into a wall outlet with electrical power
- Note that converting `SET` temperature from °C to °F will create a 1F reading discrepancy with water temperature readingSpecifications:
- Temperature control range: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Temperature measurement range: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Precision: ±1°C (±1.8°F)
- Voltage:115 volt, HZ: 60 HZ, Amps: 10A
- Max. Load: 800 watt
- Temperature display: 3 digit (display down to one place of decimal)
- Setting temperature display: 3 digit (not display down to one place of decimal)
- Sensor (probe) cord length: 6 feet
- Indicator light: heater ON / OFF (ON is red light)
- Conversion of reading in °C or °F: Green light
- Resolution for water temp: 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Resolution for set temp: 1°C / 1°F
- Avoid an excessive temperature, humidity, shock and direct sunlight. When switching on the electric power after power is off, make sure your set temperature has been changed or not. This controller`s automatic set temperature has bee fixed at 78°F (26°C)
- Keep the controller away from the high voltage or motor
- Temperature controller can be used to adjust water temperature of reef tanks. Ensure that any metal Halide lamp is positioned at least one foot (30 cm) above the tank surface. Metal Halide lighting position is very crucial during summer months because the lamp will continually heat water even after the heater has automatically shut off after reaching set water temperature. The Metal Halide lamp continually contributes to the heating process through its fluorescent lighting. It is advisable to adjust light output with a dial or digital temperature control unit.
Available Heating Elements
- Unbreakable Titanium Heating tube
- Chemical resistance of titanium is very good service (no effect-excellent) against sodium chloride (NaCl) - SALTWATER
- Fully submersible
- Heating tube can be positioned in either a vertical or horizontal position in the water.
Caution For Heating Elements
- Fully submerse heating element into water. Never expose any portion of the heating element to air. The exposed portion of heating element may burn out and malfunction
- Never expose the thermo sensor to air. Exposure will produce inaccurate water temperature reading and cause heater to unnecessarily heat water according to the incorrect thermo sensor reading.
- Never place the heating element under gravel. This will hinder even heating element dissipation.
- Never place the thermo sensor rear the heating element. It will cause inaccurate control of the water temperature. Place the thermo sensor at least 12 inches (1 foot) away from the heating element.
- Whenever putting any kinds of electrical devise into your aquarium, whether, it is water pump, heater etc, it is advised that all aquarium be grounded with a proper grounding probe. If not, possible electrical shock may occur
- The Titanium heater is for main glass aquarium tank use only.
- Do not use the titanium heating tube in an acrylic sump tank (wet / dry trickle filter tank) or designed module tanks.